Nobby Solano

Skirge

I thought he was playing for Hartlepool? He binned that orf.

Where do Benfield play?

He's still going to play for Hartlepool while coaching Newcastle Benfield.

havent they said he's not in their plans?

I thought he was playing for Hartlepool? He binned that orf.

Where do Benfield play?

He's still going to play for Hartlepool while coaching Newcastle Benfield.

havent they said he's not in their plans?

Just going off this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16856443

fairy nuff, this article just below it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16638298

Looks like he'll still be a Hartlepool player then just not necessarily play lol

Guest Geordiesned

Newcastle Benfield just a win away (against Team Northumbria) from playing Newcastle Reserves in the final of the Northumberland Senior Cup at St James' Park! I wonder if that'll persuade him to sign on as a player.

• 2 months later...
Guest Geordiesned

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide2/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer_league_1_and_2/12/04/12/manual_150914.html&BID=419

Hartlepool's Nolberto Solano may be forced to retire having been ruled out for the rest of the season due to an unspecified illness.

The 37-year-old midfielder's contract at Pools is due to expire in the summer, although the club has the option of extending it for another 12 months.

The former Peru international, a free signing last May following his release from Hull, has not played for the League One club since the home defeat to Scunthorpe on January 2.

A club statement read: "Hartlepool United can announce that unfortunately Nolberto Solano will not be available for first team selection for the remainder of the season due to a recurring illness, and under medical advice he has been informed that he cannot play for the club.

"The club would like to wish Nolberto a speedy recovery. Although his contract is due to expire at the end of this season, the club does have the option, at its discretion, at the end of May to extend it by one more year."

Solano first arrived in England from Boca Juniors in a £2.8million deal which saw him join Newcastle in 1998 and had a spell at Aston Villa before returning to St James' Park. He went on to play for West Ham, Leicester and Hull and was considered a major coup for Pools when he arrived at the club last May.

Nothing serious I hope. Get well soon Nobby.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm talking about personal experience having met the man twice.

His personal relationships are his business. ;)

I'm talking about personal experience having met the man twice.

His personal relationships are his business. ;)

He might have been talking about the rumours his wife didn't think he was a fantastic footballer.

:lol: :lol:

Guest gasusoca

Trust me there is more than meets the eye to this story.

Nol is not seriously ill so dont worry on his behalf but safe to say that the press release seems to be something planned and calculated by HUFC!!

He is writing his life story as we speak and his time at HUFC will make interesting reading.