Nobby Solano

Skirge

• 3 months later...
Guest Roger Kint

Appointed first team coach at Newcastle Benfield. :D

Wish he chose South Shields, would have went to a few games then.

We should get him in for one to one wingplay training sessions for Obertan. Or failing that sit Obertan down and make him watch videos of Nobby playing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/07/nolberto-solano-english-boys-lazy

Nolberto Solano: 'Music can lift my soul but football is my passion'The adopted Geordie is helping a new generation at Newcastle as his playing days wind down with Hartlepool

Louise Taylor guardian.co.uk, Friday 7 October 2011

Nolberto Solano regularly spends spare afternoons coaching Newcastle United's Under-11 squad. Sometimes he decides a short walk is in order and takes the boys on a tour of the club's adjacent first-team training facilities.

"Children need to dream and they see things which give them a lot of dreams," says the former Newcastle, Aston Villa and Peru right-winger, now enjoying cult status down the road at Hartlepool United. "They stare at the nice cars in the car park and say they want to become professionals too but then I explain it's not as easy as it looks. It helps them realise there's a lot of work ahead and a long way to go."

Depressing as fuck.