Nobby Solano

Skirge

That goal as well for Villa against Spurs where in a crowded box he somehow managed to flick the ball up and score with a bicycle-kick. One of the most under-rated players in Premier League history imo. When you see some of the transfer fees down the years, yet I don't think he cost much more than £7m in total for all of his transfers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KeithKettleborough

One of my favourite players and one of the best I have ever seen. Going back a lot longer I suspect than most on here.

However my thoughts about him personally have changed over recent years with one thing or another. Obviously personal issues going on we probably know nothing about but felt a bit peeved when he was after a move from us years ago to be in London nearer his family etc and then soon after was looking to go elsewhere. Can't remember the exact details but it did change my perception of the man. This change has been fuelled by other news regarding finances etc and Saint Nobby as I once thought, was not quite true. The first thought that crossed my mind when I heard that he was "blowing his trumpet" about being near Newcastle was Gazza without the alcohol, as he came running back to the area when all was lost.

It remains to be seen what happens with recent stories but hopefully future news will remove the doubts that have developed in my mind about his character and integrity and put him back on the pedestal I once had him on.

One of my favourite players and one of the best I have ever seen. Going back a lot longer I suspect than most on here.

However my thoughts about him personally have changed over recent years with one thing or another. Obviously personal issues going on we probably know nothing about but felt a bit peeved when he was after a move from us years ago to be in London nearer his family etc and then soon after was looking to go elsewhere. Can't remember the exact details but it did change my perception of the man. This change has been fuelled by other news regarding finances etc and Saint Nobby as I once thought, was not quite true. The first thought that crossed my mind when I heard that he was "blowing his trumpet" about being near Newcastle was Gazza without the alcohol, as he came running back to the area when all was lost.

It remains to be seen what happens with recent stories but hopefully future news will remove the doubts that have developed in my mind about his character and integrity and put him back on the pedestal I once had him on.

Most unnecessary throwaway soopafan comment ever? :lol:

Nobby is still my favourite foreign player, closely followed by Coloccini.  I still think that Nobby going to London had nothing to do with his family or the club, I just don't think he liked the manager at that time.

Hopefully he'll be a good coach and will stay for a long time, I can imagine why the kids would love to work with him and I would think that he'll have a slightly different outlook to British coaches and that can only be good for the kids if they are given a different perspective.

Nobby is still my favourite foreign player, closely followed by Coloccini.  I still think that Nobby going to London had nothing to do with his family or the club, I just don't think he liked the manager at that time.

Hopefully he'll be a good coach and will stay for a long time, I can imagine why the kids would love to work with him and I would think that he'll have a slightly different outlook to British coaches and that can only be good for the kids if they are given a different perspective.

not many people did like that bell-end allardyce

glad nobby's back in the region and all the better for working with the young nufc lads. i'd still love to see him at gatesheed for a season so i can get a gateshead shirt with his name on

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I was still chuffed when he scored last weekend! Couldn't resist - I was like our nobby is back in the North East!!

Cannot believe I used to knock on his door as a kid and ask if he fancied a kick about.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I was still chuffed when he scored last weekend! Couldn't resist - I was like our nobby is back in the North East!!

Cannot believe I used to knock on his door as a kid and ask if he fancied a kick about.

Did he ever say yes?

Nar na, he just gave me signed photos which he had a stack of next to his door and smiled and talked to us for a little while. Cracking bloke.