Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 10/04/11 - post match reaction from page 27

Nate

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Our best hope for today was to keep the score at 0-0 for as long as possible and frustrate them, now it's gone we have no options. Forwards are ineffective, Colo's lost in midfield. Saylor's a liability.

Half time.

Not bad. Need to do much better if we're to get anything from this though, we just don't look a goal threat.

agreed, not converting decent play into chances. would put ferguson on for that reason as he is tricky and looks like he can create from nothing.

usually i'd expect enrique and barton to put some good deliveries in but they've both been shite. considering barton's been talking shite in interviews and at talk ins it reflects particularly badly on him. mind you it doesnt help that ranger and loven don't look like goal threats in the slighest. ranger's just rubbish so far, and loven's clever movement into space has been all right, but it's always been away from goal and down the channels. he needs to try and stay more central, let ranger move about more.

guthrie started excellently but, as usual when the going gets tough, he hides. might be worth shifting barton into the middle alongside him for a bit more bite.

jonas and williamson have played well, but taylor's a bit of a joke.

Coloccini isn't a CM and never will be. I hope this puts to bed the complete crap that the usual mongs have been spouting for the last few months - or since Taylor returned from injury, more specifically. :lol:

I cannot pick out one player so far who has played well

I thought Jonas was alright.

And Harper hasn't done anything wrong so far.

Nobody has been 'bad' but nobody has done owt effective either. Jonas is the best of a bad bunch atm

I cannot pick out one player so far who has played well

I thought Jonas was alright.

And Harper hasn't done anything wrong so far.

Could have grown a few inches the lazy prick!

Guest toonlass

Just remember their defence is leakier than a leaky leek.

Not against Ranger and Lovenkrands it isn't.

Go away Mr Pessimism

Coloccini isn't a CM and never will be. I hope this puts to bed the complete crap that the usual mongs have been spouting for the last few months - or since Taylor returned from injury, more specifically. :lol:

:thup: Looking completely lost in between two minds in his positioning.