Football's greatest - where does Lionel Messi rank?

Dave

Messi and both Ronaldos are the greatest in my lifetime. I used to love Rivaldo too, who is underrated. Then again, I always thought Zidane was a bit overrated....probably alone in that opinion.

Rivaldo was mint but closer to Cronaldo in style. Selfish, keep trying stuff until it comes off kind of thing. Mint player though.

Actually missed this, but what a shit post. Clearly never saw enough of Rivaldo. 2002 was a prime example of a non-selfish underrated player.

Christ, anything remotely negative abvout a Brazilian player and you won't have it. It wasn't even a slant on him. He spent a whole career being slammed for being a selfish player which was harsh, but he was a direct player who used to dribble and shoot rather than dictate a game. That's not to say he had no vision or couldn't pass.

Not true at all.

Messi and both Ronaldos are the greatest in my lifetime. I used to love Rivaldo too, who is underrated. Then again, I always thought Zidane was a bit overrated....probably alone in that opinion.

Rivaldo was mint but closer to Cronaldo in style. Selfish, keep trying stuff until it comes off kind of thing. Mint player though.

Actually missed this, but what a s*** post. Clearly never saw enough of Rivaldo. 2002 was a prime example of a non-selfish underrated player.

Christ, anything remotely negative abvout a Brazilian player and you won't have it. It wasn't even a slant on him. He spent a whole career being slammed for being a selfish player which was harsh, but he was a direct player who used to dribble and shoot rather than dictate a game. That's not to say he had no vision or couldn't pass.

:lol:

I still dont agree, but there came the bite.

Actually missed this, but what a s*** post. Clearly never saw enough of Rivaldo. 2002 was a prime example of a non-selfish underrated player.

The same way you can't tolerate any criticism of Messi?

• 4 weeks later...

Ronaldo the best player in the world according to Mark Douglas. Sewelly straight in there correcting him. :laugh:

Honestly man, how could anyone be arsed?

• 2 weeks later...

http://comunidade.xl.pt/Record/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/camponovo/5344.A5KyFO6CEAA_2D002D00_fF.jpg

Most productive players for club and country in 2012 (as of Oct 14th). Ibra and Falcao not far off Cronny in the final column.

Ibra wouldn't even be close if you took away the amount of penalties he scores. Of those 35 I'd presume at least 15goals are from penalty. Same goes obviously for Ronaldo. I'd also say apart from Messi, Benzemas stats are the most impressive. The guy rarely gets to play consistently 90minutes of football.

It'll get boring in a few years. Not for Barca fans btw :lol:

Personally, I would love him to be dragged away from his comfort zone in Catalonia and test how great he really is.

:thup:

Agreed. In all truth, he's still the best player kicking about right now, and probably the best I've seen in my life, but it'd certainly be a lot more interesting if he went to a lesser team for a few years, just to see if he can still dictate games in the same manner.

He's still a filthy cheat mind.

Don't see any Brazilians on the list.

Can't "manipulate" the stats like you could back in the day is probably why.

Well, it's manipulated to Europe's top five leagues tbf! :laugh: Not sure anyone would get a look in outside of those anyway, mind you.

Guest firetotheworks

Lionel Messi? I find it hard to imagine a better player. I've ran out of things to say about him, because he constantly outdoes himself. He is easily the best footballer I have ever seen or am likely to see. There are players for once in a generation. Messi is a once in a lifetime player.

Lionel Messi? I find it hard to imagine a better player. I've ran out of things to say about him, because he constantly outdoes himself. He is easily the best footballer I have ever seen or am likely to see. There are players for once in a generation. Messi is a once in a lifetime player.

:thup: