Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

I'm pretty sure I thought moving SBR upstairs would have been the right thing to do at the time as we had stagnated a bit with him as manager but it was a fucking catalogue of disasters replacing him. Fucking Souness man, bottom of the fucking league fucking Souness.

Even though it hasn't worked for Man Utd it should have been him having a massive say in who replaced him given his wealth of knowledge compared to the jokers running the show.

I'm pretty sure I thought moving SBR upstairs would have been the right thing to do at the time as we had stagnated a bit with him as manager but it was a fucking catalogue of disasters replacing him. Fucking Souness man, bottom of the fucking league fucking Souness.

Even though it hasn't worked for Man Utd it should have been him having a massive say in who replaced him given his wealth of knowledge compared to the jokers running the show.

Yep. Whether he'd have accepted the role is a matter of opinion, but we should have tried.

Yep. Whether he'd have accepted the role is a matter of opinion, but we should have tried.

True but I think if he'd had a say in the whole process and his love for the club generally he might have gone for it.

Shepherd coming out and saying it was the end of him before he was sacked. :anguish:

EDIT: Shepherd :anguish:

Exactly this. And shouldve been done at the end of that season without Shepherd announcing it beforehand.

• 3 weeks later...

So thinking of taking my Dad away to Madrid for a couple of days for his Birthday. Obviously want to try and see a game, either Real or Atletico. Anybody know how feasible this would be? Around the weekend of April 26th.

Guest Roger Kint

So thinking of taking my Dad away to Madrid for a couple of days for his Birthday. Obviously want to try and see a game, either Real or Atletico. Anybody know how feasible this would be? Around the weekend of April 26th.

Real are at home that weekend but the exact day/time could be anything at all. Be looking at £80+ each unless you are prepared to sit in top tiers mind. Sure theres a website that does decent value trips/ticket packages mind

To the ref people on here; is there any reason why HT/FT needs to be blown when the ball is airborn? For example, Spurs/Arse game there, there was a free-kick then the whistle was blown as soon as it left his boot. Why not before? The allocated injury time had elapsed.

It's s matter of perception. The general process is to let the play finish it's active phase. While technically time may have expired during imagine if the referee blew for time during a 1-on-1 breakaway. Just won't happen. So the referee will always try to finish the phase of play. It's not written into the LOTG but it's the accepted procedure to only end the game while the ball is in play.

Guest Walter

Why didn't we wear our 'Brazil' kit v Fulham?

Contracted to wear the third away/change kit a certain number of times, I would guess.

FYP. Away/change is blue, 3rd is yellow