Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Guest firetotheworks

With all of the money that Sky, The Premier League, The F.A and the clubs have, why don't they use film/movie quality cameras for matches, or even for replays?

With all of the money that Sky, The Premier League, The F.A and the clubs have, why don't they use film/movie quality cameras for matches, or even for replays?

At a guess I would say because it costs more money and they can get away with it as it is.

Going back to the corners, when i were a lad most (or at least many) top flight sides took in-swinging corners and sent their best header to flick the ball on around the edge of the six yard box. Now my memory is shot to shit, and i may have remembered this different to how it actually was but it seems like a totally forgotton art.

Can you use cameras like that and see any discernable benefit when shooting things 'Live'?  Just can't think of any situation I've seen it done.

I think the cameras they have on the top of the stand that look across the goal line use a far higher frames per second rate type thingy, for obvious reasons. :)

Can you use cameras like that and see any discernable benefit when shooting things 'Live'?  Just can't think of any situation I've seen it done.

Can you even broadcast live with movie cameras?

Probably actually is a daft question but I know fuck all about these things so.

Guest firetotheworks

Just found it at about the same time mate. For some reason I thought we were in a stronger position. It's interesting that we always think back to 95/96 as being as close as we've been to winning the title, which is obviously right, but the we only improved on our first season points total by 1 point.

I hadn't realised that until now.

Just found it at about the same time mate. For some reason I thought we were in a stronger position. It's interesting that we always think back to 95/96 as being as close as we've been to winning the title, which is obviously right, but the we only improved on our first season points total by 1 point.

There were 4 extra games in the first season though.

Guest firetotheworks

There were 4 extra games in the first season though.

Ahaaaaaa. Problem solved. :thup:

Arsenal were never really shit, but at the start of the premiership their status as title challenger wasn't nearly as automatic. Especially with all that good George Graham shit that went down.

Saying that, I think they won about 4 cups in their 3-4 years of mediocrity. :sigh:

• 2 weeks later...

Giving the match a miss tomorrow as I've struggled to find a ticket for a decent price, any good pubs to watch it in town?  Struggling to think of anywhere non-s****.

the bridge now has sky in, bodega won't be too bad after KO.

If I go down to the box office to buy West Ham tickets will they give me two together? Whenever me and my housemate order online they give us two completely random seats. I know you're supposed to set up a travel group, but I use my brother's season ticket whenever I go and he's already got one setup for himself.

If I go down to the box office to buy West Ham tickets will they give me two together? Whenever me and my housemate order online they give us two completely random seats. I know you're supposed to set up a travel group, but I use my brother's season ticket whenever I go and he's already got one setup for himself.

Nope, you'd have to either a) put your mate into your brother's group, or b) create a new one, take your brother out of the one he's in, then back in after the game as you can only be in one at a time. Having said all that, I've never tried in person so that might be no help but I rang up the other day and had to mess around with groups to get me and my missus together for that game.

It's a completely preposterous system and fuck knows who came up with it.