Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

When does MOTD get on iplayer? Still says coming soon for the ep vs Manchester United.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. The match stats said we had more shots than MUFC with (i think) an equal amount on target. Yet when i watched Goals on Sunday they showed 4 or 5 MUFC attacks and only 1 of ours, obviously being the goal. Totally misrepresenting the game, not that this surprises me.

To be fair to the BBC/Sky it was a strange game to make a balanced highlights package out of... The bigger issue for me was the post match review on BT Sport... No excuses for it not to be 50-50...

Guest firetotheworks

It's difficult to just show possession, but the analysis across the board has been a joke.

MOTD 2 was more or less "lets get praising Newcastle out of the way" and they then talked about Man United for 5 minutes.

It would be fair enough if it was down to them being shit and us defending well and hitting them on the break, but we were clearly the better team.

It's difficult to just show possession, but the analysis across the board has been a joke.

MOTD 2 was more or less "lets get praising Newcastle out of the way" and they then talked about Man United for 5 minutes.

It would be fair enough if it was down to them being shit and us defending well and hitting them on the break, but we were clearly the better team.

This will happen again with G Neville on MNF shortly, like. :(

It would be fair enough if it was down to them being s*** and us defending well and hitting them on the break, but we were clearly the better team.

Not quite... They told it as it was but then reverted to type and just started talking about Man Utd disappointingly...

It would be fair enough if it was down to them being s*** and us defending well and hitting them on the break, but we were clearly the better team.

Not quite... They told it as it was but then reverted to type and just started talking about Man Utd disappointingly...

:lol: Felt the same to me. Not bothered tbh, let's be ignored and it keeps any pressure off.

Why do the corner takers always take the out-swinging corner?

Surely you want the relevant footed player to take an in-swinger regardless of how good they are at set penisis?

Out-swingers must be a god-send for the defending teams  :dontknow:

Is it possible to get an assist for an own goal? So for Bardsly's one the other day, the fella who crossed it, is he credited with an assist or what?

I don't even know if it's an official stat now. In some FF games you can but not in others. Some of them you get multiple players getting assists for the same move, it's anarchy! Bloody American idea anyway, it never happened until the NASL iirc.

Surely you want the relevant footed player to take an in-swinger regardless of how good they are at set penisis?

There's more chance of scoring from an in-swinger, but there's also more chance of being caught on the break.

Is it possible to get an assist for an own goal? So for Bardsly's one the other day, the fella who crossed it, is he credited with an assist or what?

I don't even know if it's an official stat now. In some FF games you can but not in others. Some of them you get multiple players getting assists for the same move, it's anarchy! Bloody American idea anyway, it never happened until the NASL iirc.

That's new to me. Mike's gonna take pride in this trivial.

Guess its harder for keepers to catch it if its going away from then coming into them

I heard a story that the year Man City won the league that Mancini was totally convinced that outswinging corners were better. Anyway to cut a short story shorter, the guys who do video analysis at Man City proved to Mancini that inswingers were more dangerous and then Kompany got that vital goal against Man Utd from an inswinging corner.

Guess its harder for keepers to catch it if its going away from then coming into them

Get a more powerful header that's easier to direct at the goal as it's coming towards your head instead of from behind it. So I've been told at least. Don't ask me. I'm always the one taking the corners since I'm shit in the air and I float them in because I'm a fucking coward.

How high would we need to finish in the league this season in order for the FA to have a serious look at Pardew post Brazil?

If Hodgson doesn't make it out of the groups, and Pardew gets us to third and gets us a cup (:yao:) - I think the FA might ask, but that Ashley would want too much.