Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Carlisle.

Low cost purchase, decent investment needed but decent potential given their geographic location.

Always used to be my project on old Champ Man's because of this.

Probably one of the Bristol clubs for me.

Celtic Nation in the Northern League are doing that. They play in Carlisle and there's rumours that they're Glasgow Celtic's 'back door' into English football.

Aye, supposed to be paying £1,000 per week to some of their players allegedly.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scot-frank-lynch-reveals-hes-2094883

what if the club said we will let you go should a club bid over x amount ?

oh like clubs have deals with many players. thats not how it's viewed though is it, just "we'll let him go in january"

I know it's being a bit arsey but I've spent two days at work explaining there was more to it than just "we said we'd let him go in january" and these type of triggers are getting more common. (good on his agent aswell if PSG werent aware of the trigger hence having a bid knocked back)

Our accounts for this financial year are going to be insane.  Really interested to see how they hide all the profits.

:lol: It will be like the reverse of Man City's: "20M to buying intellectual property rights from third parties".

If City win both the FACup and Carling Cup how far down the table do Europa League places go?

7th, depending on who the FA Cup runner up is. If they are a team outside the top 6, then it goes to them instead.

Season's over though :rolleyes:

Guest palnese

If Jonas had been sent-off on his Norwich debut, would his one-game ban have stood for the game against us, or the Cardiff game yesterday?

Cardiff.

Maybe not the right thread but whatever, anyone know of anywhere that sells an alternative NUFC scarf. It's my mam's birthday and it's something she would really like but obviously I don't particularly want to go to the club shop. If i have to I will as tbf she's more important than any anti-ashley crusade but would like an alternative if possible.

If you just look online there are loads of plain black and white striped scarves. I got one from Amazon, it's alright. If you spent a bit more than me you could probably get a nicer quality one.

Could always buy a black and white scalf and then buy a couple of badges from the sellers outside the ground. Would be a bit more personal than just a one with the standard crest on.

Given the comparative length of Pardew's tenure is the managers job at NUFC no longer a 'poisoned chalice'?

He was hand selected by an owner to be the front of the team when his stock was at an all time low. He seems willing to work with restrictions that other managers were not and was rumoured to have had a relationship with Ashley prior to becoming manager. It’s still a job with massive issues but it seems like Pardew is happy to put up with them.

Could always buy a black and white scalf and then buy a couple of badges from the sellers outside the ground. Would be a bit more personal than just a one with the standard crest on.

Not a bad idea that actually

My GF bought me one from Savile Rogue for my birthday. Cashmere.  Suppose depends on what you want to pay.