Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Can you love football but not support a team?

Was talking to a lad last night, who is English and who clearly knew what he was talking about with football so I asked him what team he supports and he says he just follows everyone/anyone. Found it very weird.

Is there anywhere in the North East that might have beer from all 32 World Cup nations? It's for uni. Iran will probably be non-alcoholic.

Unlikely.

I have a feeling you can get Iranian beer in Reza restaurant, just over from the Academy in town.

Bar wise Tilleys will probably the best. Coppers in Gosforth or Rehill's in Jesbo for shops.

How many years till we have a manager from here who is as talented and as passionate as Sir Bobby at our football club?

Was thinking about this over tonight and still my biggest regret in football is wanting him to be sacked. Actually ashamed of myself for it. Seemed right at the time but looking back, even though I felt once season had begun he deserved chance to improve it, he was gone...forever :weep:

So, will we ever see the likes again? That's the daft question...

How many years till we have a manager from here who is as talented and as passionate as Sir Bobby at our football club?

Was thinking about this over tonight and still my biggest regret in football is wanting him to be sacked. Actually ashamed of myself for it. Seemed right at the time but looking back, even though I felt once season had begun he deserved chance to improve it, he was gone...forever :weep:

So, will we ever see the likes again? That's the daft question...

So you wanted Sir Bobby sacked. One of the finest English club managers in history and you wanted him sacked. And yet conversely. ..............

Do you ever wonder why your judgment is so out?

We needed to replace Sir Bobby properly to keep progressing that summer. Not see our two immediate rivals from the previous season go and get Mourinho & Benitez, while we fucked about, did the opposite to what Bobby seemingly wanted (signed Butt & Kluivert rather than Carrick & Bent for starters), and then sacking him when it was too late and being stuck with Souness.

We needed to replace Sir Bobby properly to keep progressing that summer. Not see our two immediate rivals from the previous season go and get Mourinho & Benitez, while we fucked about, did the opposite to what Bobby seemingly wanted (signed Butt & Kluivert rather than Carrick & Bent for starters), and then sacking him when it was too late and being stuck with Souness.

:thup:

Always believed it was the right decision, but abysmal timing. And his successor, obviously.