Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

who do you think would help the current team the most:  Shearer in his prime, Beardsley in his prime, Speed in his prime or Woodgate in his prime?

Shearer in his prime. Made the difference in a team with some fairly average players around him, so it stands to reason that he'd destroy with the players we have now.

• 3 weeks later...

If you were a multi billionaire, which club would you buy and why? Not allowed to choose Newcastle or sunderland (to fuck them up).

Southampton.

In the time we have brought through Carroll, Shola and Taylor they have brought through Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw, Chambers, Lallana, Ward-Prowse and Walcott  :blush:

Very good youth set up they have going on there. Continue bringing through players of that quality as consistently as they do and you have your money back in no time without taking into account tv money, gate receipts, merchandise etc..

Carlisle.

Low cost purchase, decent investment needed but decent potential given their geographic location.

Always used to be my project on old Champ Man's because of this.

Probably one of the Bristol clubs for me if it was England, elsewhere I'd probably choose somewhere from a nice place to actually visit.

I'm thinking something like Hertha Berlin. Should be fairly easy to get into the Champions League, and from there progress and it would be fantastic do one over on Bayern Munich when you win the league.

Carlisle.

Low cost purchase, decent investment needed but decent potential given their geographic location.

Probably one of the Bristol clubs for me.

Celtic Nation in the Northern League are doing that. They play in Carlisle and there's rumours that they're Glasgow Celtic's 'back door' into English football.

Carlisle.

Celtic Nation in the Northern League are doing that. They play in Carlisle and there's rumours that they're Glasgow Celtic's 'back door' into English football.

Aye, supposed to be paying £1,000 per week to some of their players allegedly.

Carlisle.

Aye, supposed to be paying £1,000 per week to some of their players allegedly.

Just looked at their squad.

Peter Murphy - 477 apps for Carlisle.

Jon-Paul McGovern - ex Sheff Wed, Swindon & Carlisle

Colin McMenamin - ex-Gretna when they were rising the Scottish leagues