Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

This is from memory of the thread on here and a few tweets.

Along the lines of;

Colocho accused Lee Ryder of being on the pay roll of NUFC and suggested a boycott of the Chronicle.

Chris and Kev must have finally had enough of his bollocks and sacked him and changed the passwords to the U4N facebook and twitter pages.

Colocho removed the content of the website or something, he owns the domain. Chris put up a statement and Colcoho said they could buy the U4N domain name for £500,000 and informed them that he had been seeking legal advice and was going to sue them. He then said he'd accept £50 but refused to give out his bank account number and sort code to Chris and Kev so they couldn't pay him and he insisted on cash.

A statement then appeared on the website which ended with the following

'We regret (Colocho) decision to sabotage this campaign at a crucial stage and we implore him to consider the wider issues affecting NUFC over his own personal disappointment'

Website, facebook page and thread on here then vanished.

Brilliant :lol:

Cannot believe I missed this like

Found the actual statement.

United For Newcastle regretfully have to announce that this website is, for the time being, inactive.

The reason for this is regrettable.

On 3rd August 2011,  was asked to leave United For Newcastle following unacceptable comments to members of the public and senior journalists on Twitter, as well as disparaging and inflammatory comments on the Newcastle-Online.org message boards under the alias of Colocho.  was offered full financial remuneration for any input into United For Newcastle.

has refused to leave amicably, and has locked the rest of the team out of this website’s control panel rather than allow billing to be transferred to us.

We accept that it is entirely ’s right to refuse to sell us the domain name, as it is registered in his name, however we are disappointed that he has seized control of graphics, content and user information that was trusted to United For Newcastle as a whole, and not to  personally.

We regret ’s decision to sabotage this campaign at a crucial stage, and we implore him to consider the wider issues affecting Newcastle United Football Club over his personal disappointment.

From a purely personal point of view, if the thread starter wants the thread in the bin then his wishes should be respected and it should stay there. That applies to any thread started, then deleted, by the OP.

No-one came out of that thread with much credit in the end and it's where it should be imo. :thup:

39 years old man. I wonder if there's any more outfield players of that age still clogging away?

Mad to think he was playing professionally before I'd even seen my first game live (1993). He'll have been in the first sticker book I owned and everything, I'll bet they even made one of those disproportionate models of him (huge head, little body).

For some reason I had Kevin Ratcliffe and Mark Robinson player in those, only. Tight-fisted parents :angry:

Guest Heneage

39 years old man. I wonder if there's any more outfield players of that age still clogging away?

Mad to think he was playing professionally before I'd even seen my first game live (1993). He'll have been in the first sticker book I owned and everything, I'll bet they even made one of those disproportionate models of him (huge head, little body).

For some reason I had Kevin Ratcliffe and Mark Robinson player in those, only. Tight-fisted parents :angry:

There's a Paul Ince one of them behind a Durham road sign near the train station. My mate put it there 6 years ago.