Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

Liverpool being good at home doesn't stop us from giving a go.

There's a difference between having a real go and losing 3-0 and lying down and losing 3-0. We experienced the latter.

I think we did 'have a go'.  Even Waddle said we were well on top for the 25 mins before half time

Tbh we had all that pressure on them and did fuck all with it having zero threat and a gormless pair up front .

I honestly think pardew got the tactics wrong today.

451 was the way to go.  He must be really really dim if he cant see out strikers are useless. why put 2 useless payers on the pitch?  Noland and narton were poor today.

keeping spurs out of europe is poor consolation tbh.

Gutless performance today (bar Jonas) Alarm bells for next season are now ringing, especially if quality substantial investment isn't made during the summer. I'd wager though, Ashley will be looking to keep us up on the cheap (again!) as the cash continues to roll in.

@Suarez is an insufferable little t*** isn't he.@

I would use the word talented.  Rather have a t*** like him in theam than someonelike lovenkrands.

His tumble into the box helps his twat status like. Wasn't a pen.

Guest Heneage

@Suarez is an insufferable little t*** isn't he.@

I would use the word talented.   Rather have a t*** like him in theam than someonelike lovenkrands.

Never debated his talent, but as the World Cup showed when it comes to cheating/gamesmanship/twatitis he is fairly adept.

Guest BooBoo

A lot of the players today need to take a long hard look at themselves. Dismal levels of effort and heart on show. It was if they knew we always lose at Liverpool so there was no need to try.

One thing I can't stand from commentators is the light-hearted attitude towards "oh look, the players are on the beach already, ho ho ho", no doubt because that's what they all did when they were playing. Clubs should put the prices down for the last five games if it's alright for the players to go out half arsed and thinking about their holidays (though that's fair enough seeing as their day to day life is a right hardship).

On Sunday 1st May 2011, @dannysimpson12 said:

For the fans that understand n support us strong thanks! Tough day 2day its not easy at Anfield. Still 2 play Birmingham n West Brom at home 2 get points

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

bad result today and a poor performance really want us to beat the brum that should be enough then to finish above the scum which should be the aim for the last three matches.

Musings from KK, which get a :thup: from me;

Speaking in his role as an ESPN pundit, former Magpies boss Kevin Keegan  hasn't been shy in criticising those who prompted his 2008 departure from Gallowgate: 

"You know I don’t like the owner there — I took him to court — but if they’ve played well of course I’ll give them the credit. But I’m not scared to say the best day they’ll have is when he goes because I know that’s true.

"It (the Carroll £35m) is not going to be reinvested is it, I think that’s obvious. As a Newcastle fan, if Carroll is the only one you are going to lose you have to be pretty thankful.

"There may well be other players going as we speak. I think they’ll sell two more players and then he’ll sell the club. And that’ll be the best day Newcastle fans have, when he sells the club.

"I’d love to be able to give Newcastle fans some encouragement but I can’t see it getting any better in the short term.

"He (Carroll) was on the fringe when I was there. He was raw. This kid is the best header of the ball I’ve ever seen. That’s his biggest plus point for me.

"His minus points have always been there. Can he get his head down? Can someone make him realise that all he has to do is train hard, work hard and be a good pro for 10 years and he’ll be a very rich boy? He needs to get rid of the other stuff.”