Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

I do love KK, but they might as well be asking Ashley for an objective opinion on what he's going to do in the Summer window.

He's clearly biased.

I do love KK, but they might as well be asking Ashley for an objective opinion on what he's going to do in the Summer window.

He's clearly biased.

Surely he's only "biased" because he knows more about the situation than any of us, in which case it's not bias?

He's clearly biased.

Surely he's only "biased" because he knows more about the situation than any of us, in which case it's not bias?

But they p*ssed him off and screwed him over. He's not exactly going to remember anything nice is he? :razz:

Liverpool being good at home doesn't stop us from giving a go.

There's a difference between having a real go and losing 3-0 and lying down and losing 3-0. We experienced the latter.

I think we did 'have a go'.  Even Waddle said we were well on top for the 25 mins before half time

Tbh we had all that pressure on them and did f*** all with it having zero threat and a gormless pair up front .

The defense was dodgy but if we had any quality up front that could have been a different ballgame.  After we went down by one we put consistent pressure on them, controlled the midfield but had no outlet up front.  McLoven was damn near invisible and Shola was...Shola.  Had we been able to equalise, it could have been a different game.

Their goals today were down to mistakes and poor defending really, but to be honest most of us expected to lose this. I think think we will finish on 47 points which is fantastic for us, if we dont get that far then we will still survive and ultimately that is the main thing. Onto the next one, 3 points again Brum.

On Sunday 1st May 2011, @dannysimpson12 said:

I understand some fans r upset with the performance but we have 41 points n we still have 3 games left of which 2 r at home... #supportthetoon

He has (sort of) mentioned the Chelsea game!  :frantic:

Keegan, playing it wiley and pushing Ashley into proving him wrong.

...well actually he is an understandably bitter man watching the exact same situation unfold with his nemesis Dalglish at Liverpool but with opposite results thanks to the full support of the clubs owners.

No doubt rubbing it in his face that Dalglish is succeeding where he failed yet again.

Im with decky

Their goals today were down to mistakes and poor defending really, but to be honest most of us expected to lose this. I think think we will finish on 47 points which is fantastic for us, if we dont get that far then we will still survive and ultimately that is the main thing. Onto the next one, 3 points again Brum.

Very little separated the sides today other than the goals, killer instinct up front and a bit of luck. I thought we would get reamed all game, in reality we hit self destruct.

Keegan, playing it wiley and pushing Ashley into proving him wrong.

...well actually he is an understandably bitter man watching the exact same situation unfold with his nemesis Dalglish at Liverpool but with opposite results thanks to the full support of the clubs owners.

No doubt rubbing it in his face that Dalglish is succeeding where he failed yet again.

Im with decky

Very little separated the sides today other than the goals, killer instinct up front and a bit of luck. I thought we would get reamed all game, in reality we hit self destruct.

???

I like the idea of KK as Dalglish's nemesis.

At one point the commentator and Burley discussed what effect Dalglish has had at Liverpool "other than his natural character and personality." The man's got the natural character of a doorframe, there's not a more dour person in football.

We looked a bit inhibited for the first 20 minutes, but after that, I didn't think there was much wrong with the effort. They just had a bit more quality.

We just have to accept that, at the moment, a lot of the players aren't quite good enough to compete against a top-five side.

Guest BooBoo

One day there will be justice on Merseyside and Kenny Dalglish will be thrown head first down some steep, long and foul smelling stairs.

We looked a bit inhibited for the first 20 minutes, but after that, I didn't think there was much wrong with the effort. They just had a bit more quality.

We just have to accept that, at the moment, a lot of the players aren't quite good enough to compete against a top-five side.

They've not been top five all season until four hours ago and they took a comprehensive arse-kicking up here in December from an NUFC with Sol Campbell playing at centre half.

They have more quality because they took the bull by the horns in January, used the window sensibly and will now play in Europe next season in all likelihood. From a level playing field, we have collapsed. Perpetuating the idea that "we can't compete" is nauseatingly pathetic. There was no reason that we couldn't do what they have.

They've not been top five all season until four hours ago and they took a comprehensive arse-kicking up here in December from an NUFC with Sol Campbell playing at centre half.

They have more quality because they took the bull by the horns in January, used the window sensibly and will now play in Europe next season in all likelihood. From a level playing field, we have collapsed. Perpetuating the idea that "we can't compete" is nauseatingly pathetic. There was no reason that we couldn't do what they have.

They obviously didn't play for Hodgson, and they've started playing for Dalglish imo

I didn't say we can't or won't improve from where we are now. In fact, I'm pretty confident that at the end of the next transfer window, we'll have a better side.

I think you're looking back at the game in December through rose-tinted glasses. Their morale was low, their manager was under a lot of pressure, and though we won, it wasn't a 'comprehensive arse-kicking'.

There are various areas where we can improve, but a glaring and predictable one was the lack of any attacking threat from midfield. Jonas was good going down the wing, but we had nothing down the centre. Nolan has his good qualities, but you really need someone with far more pace and energy in that position.

Guest Shaun

I bet £5 on 0-1 win with Nolan scoring. Don't think Nolan even touched the ball.  :facepalm:

Guest neesy111

Spend £20M on a striker, your living on another planet to think we could of done that in January before the Carroll transfer.

Anycase,  Liverpool do have a better team and squad than us.  Was only a matter of time before those players played for a new manager.

He just happens to be an utter cunt.

I bet £5 on 0-1 win with Nolan scoring. Don't think Nolan even touched the ball.  :facepalm:

He put a ball through to Barton who put his shot wide and also had a shot over near the end.

Does that make you feel any better?  :laugh:

Guest Heneage

We did do what they did, we sold our best striker for a stupidly massive fee.  :thup: