Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

After there first usual deflected goal that goes in against us seemingly every game, we had possession at 77% - 33% I think. If only Ameobi didn`t loose the ball under his own feet and strike the ball softer than my 7yr old or Loven didnt play the ball back to Reina with that cushioned header we could have turned it around easily.

Premiership the best league in the world.  So good it breaks the space time continuum

Lovenkrands n shola can not play next season together, there is no intelligent movement at all when we have the ball. Look at other teams and they have players looking to find space, make runs, receive ball and take advantage. There is only tiote and maybe Colo who seem to be able to be dynamic, what do they coach them ?

Daglish is very blatantly a top manager. Knew they'd turn things around the second he was announced.

It won't last. They're running on adrenaline atm, the 'magic' will quickly dry up.

You don't need magic when you've got a good spine, ambitious owners and a manager who knows the game inside out.

Ambition? Good business yes, but until they start spending their own cash there's no sign of ambition.

Not being afraid to spend what they generate in sales is a start.

thank you dave, for knocking that absolutely ludicrous post out of the park

:rolleyes:

Not exactly 'ludicrous' to point out that so far they've raised £50m and spent £50m. If Ashley did that, nobody would call him 'ambitious'.

Guest BooBoo

Anyone know what our fans were singing at Carroll? I was watching the game on a foreign channel and the sound was shite.

Guest hobshobs

After there first usual deflected goal that goes in against us seemingly every game, we had possession at 77% - 33% I think. If only Ameobi didn`t loose the ball under his own feet and strike the ball softer than my 7yr old or Loven didnt play the ball back to Reina with that cushioned header we could have turned it around easily.

Spot on. Going back to Dalglish, five minutes in the door and he moves Torres out who had been impersonating our strike force for nearly a year in terms of effort. Brings in two classy, hard working lads as replacements at no cost in real terms. We're still plodding on with Ameobi and Lovenkrands. Ameobi has failed to do it for ten years and Lovenkrands for three. Get it sorted Pardew.

Anyone know what our fans were singing at Carroll? I was watching the game on a foreign channel and the sound was s****.

"There's only one greedy bastard"

"Taylor shagged his lass"

And something about him being shit.

Anyone know what our fans were singing at Carroll? I was watching the game on a foreign channel and the sound was s****.

"There's only one greedy b******"

And something about him being s***.

"You let your city down"

:rolleyes:

Not exactly 'ludicrous' to point out that so far they've raised £50m and spent £50m. If Ashley did that, nobody would call him 'ambitious'.

it's completely ludicrous, and this is why.....no-one ever asks for ashley to buy new players out of his kids college fund. i ask (and i feel that quite a few others do) simply that the club be run on a competitive financial plan thats right for the size and income of the club.

liverpool's owners have said in public that this is what they'll do, and have made efforts to raise the profile of the club abroad in order to assure they have as much as possible to spend (while we've been concentrating mostly on sports direct advertising). i think they're still in a bit of debt too? maybe even more than the debt that's CRIPPLING us?

Liverpool then turned the sale of their star player into a massive positive by getting in two very competent players in his position for the money they received, we played the late sale excuse, made MORE stupid bids for a player we knew we wouldnt get and signed shefki kuqi

do you think there'd have been so much resentment of the carroll sale had our club gone about it the way liverpool went about selling their best player? or do you really think people would have been complaining of a lack of ambition if ashley didnt spend a penny of his own money? imo it's ludicrous to suggest and smacks of the geordie's are never happy rubbish that we have to hear so much from the press. pretty sad to hear it from our own fans and you're one of the worst for it.

Spot on. Going back to Dalglish, five minutes in the door and he moves Torres out who had been impersonating our strike force for nearly a year in terms of effort. Brings in two classy, hard working lads as replacements at no cost in real terms. We're still plodding on with Ameobi and Lovenkrands. Ameobi has failed to do it for ten years and Lovenkrands for three. Get it sorted Pardew.

Cant really do anything until the window opens mate.

Guest BooBoo

With only 3 games left, are we getting close to having a season with no goals from a direct free kick? I remember Ryan Taylor scoring at Chelsea in the League Cup but league wise, I can't remember us coming close to scoring.

it's completely ludicrous, and this is why.....no-one ever asks for ashley to buy new players out of his kids college fund. i ask (and i feel that quite a few others do) simply that the club be run on a competitive financial plan thats right for the size and income of the club.

liverpool's owners have said in public that this is what they'll do, and have made efforts to raise the profile of the club abroad in order to assure they have as much as possible to spend (while we've been concentrating mostly on sports direct advertising). i think they're still in a bit of debt too? maybe even more than the debt that's CRIPPLING us?

It's been like four months. Ashley probably said the same when he first took over the club, it means nothing.

They got an extremely substantial sum for their best striker and replaced him with two very good players - it won't happen every week. They still have a terrible backline and a midfield which could be strengthened - where will the money for that come from? You could point to what they've said, but words are words. Actions are where I'll judge whether they're an ambitious bunch or not.

After all, I thought Ashley was ambitious in the first few months.

Liverpool then turned the sale of their star player into a massive positive by getting in two very competent players in his position for the money they received, we played the late sale excuse, made MORE stupid bids for a player we knew we wouldnt get and signed shefki kuqi

And what has that got to do with Liverpool's ambition? Like I say, good business but nothing else.

do you think there'd have been so much resentment of the carroll sale had our club gone about it the way liverpool went about selling their best player? or do you really think people would have been complaining of a lack of ambition if ashley didnt spend a penny of his own money?

No I don't think there would have, but it's easy to point out that Liverpool knew who they wanted - we didn't because we didn't believe we were going to sell Carroll.

I don't think we'll spend all of the money, but we haven't even had the chance to not do it yet.

EDIT: My original point came from questions a few people were asking back in January as to whether we'd be spending more than the £35m from the Carroll sale.

imo it's ludicrous to suggest and smacks of the geordie's are never happy rubbish that we have to hear so much from the press. pretty sad to hear it from our own fans and you're one of the worst for it.

??? This confuses me, I've never once alluded to this before so this is just rubbish.

With only 3 games left, are we getting close to having a season with no goals from a direct free kick? I remember Ryan Taylor scoring at Chelsea in the League Cup but league wise, I can't remember us coming close to scoring.

Gone are the days Emre/Robert with the left foot, Shearer with straight power shot & Nobby with the right foot.

Jose, Joey & Taylor if on the pitch are the options now.

Watching the game I couldn't believe how terrible the atmosphere was. Such a sterile flat noise around Anfield and at times it was nearly silent. But of course their the best fans in the world.

Watching the game I couldn't believe how terrible the atmosphere was. Such a sterile flat noise around Anfield and at times it was nearly silent. But of course their the best fans in the world.

Daglish is very blatantly a top manager. Knew they'd turn things around the second he was announced.

It won't last. They're running on adrenaline atm, the 'magic' will quickly dry up.

You don't need magic when you've got a good spine, ambitious owners and a manager who knows the game inside out.

Ambition? Good business yes, but until they start spending their own cash there's no sign of ambition.

The whole Torres  / Carroll situation was more complex than that. Chelsea were desperate to sign Torres and Liverpool were happy to get rid, providing they could bring in a decent replacement at the same time. Carroll was therefore key to the deal, and by digging his heels in until the last minute, Ashley was able to drive the price up, with Abramovich effectively financing the deal. If we'd sold Carroll earlier we'd have had a chance to spend some of the money, but we wouldn't have got £35m.

Time will tell who has got the best out of the situation. Assuming we stay up and then use the money wisely, it could be us.

The whole Torres  / Carroll situation was more complex than that. Chelsea were desperate to sign Torres and Liverpool were happy to get rid, providing they could bring in a decent replacement at the same time. Carroll was therefore key to the deal, and by digging his heels in until the last minute, Ashley was able to drive the price up, with Abramovich effectively financing the deal. If we'd sold Carroll earlier we'd have had a chance to spend some of the money, but we wouldn't have got £35m.

Time will tell who has got the best out of the situation. Assuming we stay up and then use the money wisely, it could be us.

except that john henry has said that the torres fee was key to the deal and they'd be prepared to offer us whatever it was less 15 million. so going by what he said (and i've no reason to doubt him) if we'd sold him earlier we would have still have got 35 million. the only effect ashley 'digging his heels in' had was making sure we didnt have to spend any of it replacing carroll

except that john henry has said that the torres fee was key to the deal and they'd be prepared to offer us whatever it was less 15 million. so going by what he said (and i've no reason to doubt him) if we'd sold him earlier we would have still have got 35 million. the only effect ashley 'digging his heels in' had was making sure we didnt have to spend any of it replacing carroll

:lol:

I some how doubt John Henry shared that information with Newcastle though.

"You let your city down"

Also "He shoots, he misses, he hits his fucking missus, Andy Carroll, Andy Carroll."

Ronaldo - he did dismantle that side that finished 2nd in 96/97 when there was no need to. It just need a bit of tinkering with, rather than pulling to bits.

it was already dismantling,hence why keegan skipped out when told he couldn't have oodles more to rebuild.

Wouldn't say it was dismantling...

ferdinand, 30 and with persistent back injuries, ginola wanting away, albert reccurring injuries he'd not recover from, beardsley going backwards, howey recurring injuries, still no keeper good enough and nowhere near enough money in the coffers to put it right.

Guest toonlass

"You let your city down"

Also "He shoots, he misses, he hits his fucking missus, Andy Carroll, Andy Carroll."

He beats his lass, he beats his lass, he beats her, Carroll beats his lass.

"You let your city down"

He beats his lass, he beats his lass, he beats her, Carroll beats his lass.

There was another completely unfunny ditty about Taylor having a bigger cock.

I'm more concerned that Nolan never passed a single ball forward. Unless you count his shot at goal that he passed to a random person in Row Z

The first part is true, but the second part doesn't follow. If Chelsea had bid £40 million and we'd been offered £25million, there's nothing to say that we'd have accepted that. All the evidence is that we drove the price up by declining earlier bids.