Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

Daglish is very blatantly a top manager. Knew they'd turn things around the second he was announced.

It won't last. They're running on adrenaline atm, the 'magic' will quickly dry up.

Yip classic honeymoon period with no pressure.  Next season will find him out

Daglish is very blatantly a top manager. Knew they'd turn things around the second he was announced.

It won't last. They're running on adrenaline atm, the 'magic' will quickly dry up.

Hardly when there's only 3 games of the season left.  :lol:

Not to mention he'll then have all summer to strenghten them even more with new players.

Hardly when there's only 3 games of the season left.  :lol:

Not to mention he'll then have all summer to strenghten them even more with new players.

I'm talking about in general, not just this season. And we still don't know how much money he'll get to spend.

And if it was as easy as that, teams would be going back to older managers all the time. There's a reason they don't.

You don't fuck with the past. Following the last couple of years, we of all fans should know that.

Still think it's naive to assume Liverpool will go to the dogs again soon when they've been consistently improving over the last 5 months since he took charge.

If it was a honeymoon period they'd be showing signs of weakness already, but they're going in the opposite direction.  Cunts.

Still think it's naive to assume Liverpool will go to the dogs again soon when they've been consistently improving over the last 5 months since he took charge.

If it was a honeymoon period they'd be showing signs of weakness already, but they're going in the opposite direction.  c***s.

You married?

Aye, impressive in the January transfer window and blooding in the youngsters - Flanagan, Kelly and Robinson.

I'm sure Dalglish will bring in the right players in the summer - new LB and LW.

Unfortunately going in the right direction.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye, impressive in the January transfer window and blooding in the youngsters - Flanagan, Kelly and Robinson.

I'm sure Dalglish will bring in the right players in the summer - new LB and LW.

Certainly.

If it was a honeymoon period they'd be showing signs of weakness already, but they're going in the opposite direction.  c***s.

You married?

Yeah, 16 years.

Still won't win the league though and for their fans anything less is failure

Still won't win the league though and for their fans anything less is failure

Dunno, they seem realistic and they know they're in a period of transition.  Biggest challenge next season will be to break into the top 4 again.

Dalglish's record since taking over:

P: 15

W: 9

D: 3

L: 3

F: 30

A: 12

Pts: 30

They're also unbeaten at home and have gone from 12th to 5th.

Impressive that like, 2 points a game is pretty much title-winning form.

W: 10

D: 2

F: 27

A: 13

Pts: 32

From about 15th to 7th.

That's Roeder's record from post-Souness to the end of the season btw. These caretaker spells can deceive.

Not saying it will happen, but I'm not entirely convinced that Dalglish will take them back to where they were. I'm also not convinced that they'll spend big in the summer, unless they sell.

Guest Heneage

Will he always have £60m to spend on players? People forget he gained two very good strikers in January.

Will he always have £60m to spend on players? People forget he gained two very good strikers in January.

The all important net spend was not £60m though. I'm sure he'll have some funds in the summer but they only need 2 or 3 players to challenge the top 6 consistantly IMO. Left back and at least 1 winger.

W: 10

D: 2

F: 27

A: 13

Pts: 32

From about 15th to 7th.

That's Roeder's record from post-Souness to the end of the season btw.

Not saying it will happen, but I'm not entirely convinced that Dalglish will take them back to where they were.

Back to 15th? I don't think he will take them there either. I don't even think the vast majority of Liverpool fans reckon the year-on-year league title days are going to return.  If they get 5th this year that is excellent imo.

You don't need magic when you've got a good spine, ambitious owners and a manager who knows the game inside out.

Sold a stroppy Torres for £50m and ineffective Babel for £6m and brought in two hungry strikers for £60m.

Decent piece of business.

Carroll + Suarez  = Torres + Babel

They spent fucking buttons. They just managed to move their problem players on and replaced them with quality. The Holy Grail of football management.

Chelsea bidding £50m for Torres, when he wasn't playing well and looked a shadow of his former self, was a godsend for Liverpool. They did excellently to secure Carroll and Suarez with the money though obviously.

Be interesting to see how they do next season, and what deals they do in the summer as well.

Guest Heneage

Who are these people forgetting he signed two strikers?

The people who say 'he took them from 12th to 5th. If Woy had those strikers he'd not be in 12th, he got royally f***ed over financially.

I'm not debating the quality and offset by Torres but they won't always have that kind of player to offset the big buys, they still need an upgrade at centre back and arguably in midfield.

He's done a really good job though credit to him.

Dalglish had absolutely fuck all to do with the transfers.

Has done reasonably well in getting them to play the football a squad of their value should. Hope he gets the job full-time, they'll win nothing with him in charge.