Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

Liverpool were so fucking lucky again yesterday, seriously I dont think i've ever seen a team get so much luck.

They were shite yesterday, first goal was going wide and was deflected in, second goal was Williamson being a plank and the 3rd was deflected straight to Kuyt as well, all 3 shit goals and on another day avoidable.

We dominated for 20 minutes in the first half too, if we had decent strikers I think we'd of got something yesterday. I really hope Liverpool fall a fucking part next season, they're shite.

Liverpool were so f***ing lucky again yesterday, seriously I dont think i've ever seen a team get so much luck.

They were s**** yesterday, first goal was going wide and was deflected in, second goal was Williamson being a plank and the 3rd was deflected straight to Kuyt as well, all 3 s*** goals and on another day avoidable.

We dominated for 20 minutes in the first half too, if we had decent strikers I think we'd of got something yesterday. I really hope Liverpool fall a f***ing part next season, they're s****.

Aye, they are a very jammy side. Always get deflected goals against us.

You didn't by any chance realise how bad we were did you?

Anyone know what our fans were singing at Carroll? I was watching the game on a foreign channel and the sound was s****.

"There's only one greedy b******"

"Taylor shagged his lass"

And something about him being s***.

"You let your city down"

Also "He shoots, he misses, he hits his f***ing missus, Andy Carroll, Andy Carroll."

He beats his lass, he beats his lass, he beats her, Carroll beats his lass.

There was another completely unfunny ditty about Taylor having a bigger cock.

I'm more concerned that Nolan never passed a single ball forward. Unless you count his shot at goal that he passed to a random person in Row Z

Don't forget "You're just a shit Ameobi" :lol:

Liverpool were so fucking lucky again yesterday, seriously I dont think i've ever seen a team get so much luck.

They were shite yesterday, first goal was going wide and was deflected in, second goal was Williamson being a plank and the 3rd was deflected straight to Kuyt as well, all 3 shit goals and on another day avoidable.

We dominated for 20 minutes in the first half too, if we had decent strikers I think we'd of got something yesterday. I really hope Liverpool fall a fucking part next season, they're shite.

I predicted Liverpool would be lucky, and so did most others who compared our shite strikers to their world class ones. We must all just have been lucky with our predictions.

I predict Chelsea will be lucky against us as well, they will probably luckily score at least 3 flukey goals.

To be fair they might have scored 3 other goals had they not got the luck, all im saying is the 3 goals they scored werent due to their class or anything like that, it was due to lucky deflections and Williamson losing his head. We were never going to score if we played all night with the shite we had up front, and if they needed to they probably could have.

But based on the goals they did score, all were extremely forunate, Chelsea will batter us because they actually have a world class team. Liverpool are just a lucky side that hopefully fails when Dalglish actually has a full season in charge, I hate that cunt more than Liverpool themselves for what he did here, and i doubt he is the answer long term but thats another story.

Anyway, my main point was the goals Liverpool actually did score were lucky, and even tho we were terrible, aside from Williamson, we were unlucky with the other 2.

Anyone know what our fans were singing at Carroll? I was watching the game on a foreign channel and the sound was s****.

"You let your city down"

Also "He shoots, he misses, he hits his fucking missus, Andy Carroll, Andy Carroll."

Rhyming misses with missus man. :lol:

"You let your city down"

Also "He shoots, he misses, he hits his fucking missus, Andy Carroll, Andy Carroll."

Rhyming misses with missus man. :lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/Sale2C4nyfI/AAAAAAAAC2I/PrztKV9FNOc/s320/Pin%2BPals.png

"Rhyming Homer with Homer, mwah"

With only 3 games left, are we getting close to having a season with no goals from a direct free kick? I remember Ryan Taylor scoring at Chelsea in the League Cup but league wise, I can't remember us coming close to scoring.

I don't know why anyone bothers shooting from a direct free kick TBH, even if you're Beckham the percentages are tiny.

With only 3 games left, are we getting close to having a season with no goals from a direct free kick? I remember Ryan Taylor scoring at Chelsea in the League Cup but league wise, I can't remember us coming close to scoring.

I don't know why anyone bothers shooting from a direct free kick TBH, even if you're Beckham the percentages are tiny.

This is why we see less great goals, managers ave instructed players generally not to shoot from range.  Although if Beckham had a freekick left of center 20-25 yards out Id back him to score 50%+ of them.

That can't be true though, Beckham's percentages were much much less than 50% weren't they? Otherwise he's have a direct free kick goal every one or two games.

I would be willing to bet that even the best free kick takers only score about 20%, if that. Not that I have any stats to back that up.

Guest Stephen927

Just look at Beckham's goal stats, taking into account some will be pens. Don't recall him scoring many from open play other than the obvious ones like the half way line goal v Wimbledon.

Guest Roger Kint

Just look at Beckham's goal stats, taking into account some will be pens. Don't recall him scoring many from open play other than the obvious ones like the half way line goal v Wimbledon.

IIRC he has 7 free kick goals for England in 100+ games, 3 of those were crosses deflected in i think(Azerbejan at SJP?). No idea about his career though but his conversion rate isnt as good as people make out. Or in the Juninho(Lyon) bracket.

I seem to remember Gazza scoring a hat-trick of free kicks, all in the same game for Spurs. I don't think the keeper got anywhere near the kicks, and each went to different parts of the goal.

It was quite an incredible feat, and as far as I know, a unique one.

I hope my memory's not playing tricks. Does anyone else remember this?

Guest Stephen927

I seem to remember Gazza scoring a hat-trick of free kicks, all in the same game for Spurs. I don't think the keeper got anywhere near the kicks, and each went to different parts of the goal.

I remember he scored a hat trick which included 2 free kicks.

I see what you are saying but how often does someone score from a cross from a free kick 25-30 yards out within the width of the goalposts?  The angles make it almost impossible to put a cross in.  A shot is your best chance of scoring.

I see what you are saying but how often does someone score from a cross from a free kick 25-30 yards out within the width of the goalposts?  The angles make it almost impossible to put a cross in.  A shot is your best chance of scoring.

Suppose so, I guess it's hard to conclude either way. If they are going to shoot, they need to get a lot better at it. Surely every team should have 3 or 4 players who can hit the target the majority of the time, if it's that important.

Too often just seems like a wasted opportunity to me, I suppose that's my main point.

Jan Molby once scored a hat-trick of penalties for the wall pushers.

anyone know why we wore the away strip ? a law should be brought in that first strips are to be worn in every game unless the refs demands a change on the grounds of colour clash.