Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 07/05/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Guest sicko2ndbest

I was quite annoyed that Stephen Carr was, by some distance, the best player on the pitch yesterday.

He was alright but certainly not the best player on the pitch.  Foster for me.

I was quite annoyed that Stephen Carr was, by some distance, the best player on the pitch yesterday.

[/quote

No he wasn't Foster was.Ranger skinned Carr a good few times as well.Himself and McLeish were giving out to each other during the game anyone see that?

The fact that their goalkeeper was MotM should be a complement to us in my opinion. I've been away for a few weeks so haven't been able to microanalyse things, but on its own this match seems to have yielded a decent performance for a promoted side.

Guest Kenton Magpie

3 points gained, safety assured, fuck the way we went about it, getting the points on the board is always the main thing

3 points gained, safety assured, f*** the way we went about it, getting the points on the board is always the main thing

Some sense in the last few posts :thup:

Yes i would have prefered to have played with a bit more urgency and playing like we know they can. But we've got 3 points and im not bothered how we get them tbh

Thought it was a professional performance yesterday. Got ahead and retained a lot of possession second half. Very Barcelona-esque, we just didn't have the finishing touch to put the game to bed.

I was really annoyed we didn't go for it more in the second half. It's easy to say it was professional and comfortable at the final whistle but we were a Larsson chance away from drawing the game.

Krul - 6

Simpson - 6.5

Coloccini - 6

Taylor - 7

Enrique - 7

Barton - 7.5

Nolan - 7

Tiote - 7.5

Jonas - 7

Shola - 5.5

Lovenkrands - 4 (Ranger - 6.5)

I was really annoyed we didn't go for it more in the second half. It's easy to say it was professional and comfortable at the final whistle but we were a Larsson chance away from drawing the game.

There wasn't any real need to go for it any more than we did. We were 2-1 up against 10-men and regardless of 'not going for it' Foster made several good saves and one or two chances were cleared off the line. We could have easily won by 3 or 4 on another day...

Speaking of 'arguments', Enrique and Nolan had quite a heated exchange at one point during the first half about his defending.

The referee actually stopped Krul taking a goal kick to have a word with Nolan. Was a bit strange.

I noticed the argument, I'm not sure it was about defending.  It came out of nothing and isn't the first time those two have had a go at each other.

There's bound to be a bit of bad feeling.

Speaking of 'arguments', Enrique and Nolan had quite a heated exchange at one point during the first half about his defending.

The referee actually stopped Krul taking a goal kick to have a word with Nolan. Was a bit strange.

I noticed the argument, I'm not sure it was about defending.  It came out of nothing and isn't the first time those two have had a go at each other.

Why?

Guest hobshobs

I can't watch Ameobi anymore - all he does is lope around, fouling and getting called offsides. Who seriously enjoys watching him out there? How many fans go to games wearing replica tops with Ameobi on the back? He's Championship quality at best - can't believe none of the decisionmakers at NUFC can't see that.

I think 95% of the support agree. The other 5% being the total idiots who ripped Carroll at Anfield last week despite the fact that this kid did more and gave more in 18 months than Ameobi has provided in 10 years. I have to say my whole match day experience is spoiled every time he appears on the team sheet. Really a perfect example of why this great club of ours has failed to deliver for years. I have to be honest and say I cannot fathom out how he has managed to play through so many managers. That said, the one who I have the most believe in, KK, nearly had him out the door.

I haven't missed a home game for years but have to admit I won't go to any testimonial if he is afforded one. The laziest player I have seen in over 40 years of loving football.

They're not idiots for ripping Carroll, you goon. I also think your maths is off as that was probably the entire away support that partook in that abuse.

Goon. Jeez man. I was there. It was a small percentage, a very small percentage and lets be honest that percentage of our away support are 'goons'. Boo Carroll and sing in praise of Ameobi this afternoon, despite the fact he did absolutely nowt except hit home a penalty. Not bad for over £40,000 a week. If I'm a goon then you're deluded mate.

Have to say, you're doing a spot-on example of a 'goon' with these two posts. Quite how you've imagined Shola is on £40,000 a week, I have no idea :lol: Also, you clearly can't differentiate between "giving more" (as in effort) and "reaching a higher level of performance" - either way, you're wrong on both counts and Shola has been unplayable at (sporadic) times over his career, Carroll's early departure means that the promise he showed this season will never go unfulfilled (as Ameobi's has done, only to flash up now and then to remind us of what we could have had).

No need to differentiate between "giving more" and "reaching a higher level of performance" because neither are terms I would expect to see in a sentence that referred to Shola Ameobi. I would agree that it shouldn't be too hard for him to give a higher level of performance than he is currently though.

Why?

Why do you think? Jose's off.

It's been too long since someone posted a picture of teeth girl.

I've read this forum for ages and only recently started posting but I can't remember when I havn't pissed myself when you's call her teeth girl. I passed her yesterday and had a little chuckle again. She's a fucking hero, propper loves the Toon her.