NUFC summer activity prediction thread

Pilko

Not so much a prediction, but what i'd like to see:

Out: Campbell, Smith, Routledge, Xisco, Kuqi, Ranger (loan)

/ Two strikers, one for back-up - ~£10-12m?

/ Seb Larsson - £0

/ Charles N'Zogbia - ~£8m?

/ Christopher Samba - ~£6m?

Forster

Simpson -- Samba -- Coloccini -- Enrique

N'Zogbia --- Nolan -- Tiote --- Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

New Striker

Bench: Krul, Williamson, Ferguson, Barton, Larsson, Best, New Striker

This has me worried.  :lol:

Only just 27 too - thought he was almost 30.

Same.

Unless you are taking the piss :lol: he is only 27 isn't he!?

Aye, he is. Not sure why, but always imagined he was about 30. Seems to have been around for ages - I'd also have him in a heartbeat. Distin and Samba would be the ultimate centre back pairing of black power.

Not so much a prediction, but what i'd like to see:

Out: Campbell, Smith, Routledge, Xisco, Kuqi, Ranger (loan)

/ Two strikers, one for back-up - ~£10-12m?

/ Seb Larsson - £0

/ Charles N'Zogbia - ~£8m?

/ Christopher Samba - ~£6m?

Forster

Simpson -- Samba -- Coloccini -- Enrique

N'Zogbia --- Nolan -- Tiote --- Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

New Striker

Bench: Krul, Williamson, Ferguson, Barton, Larsson, Best, New Striker

:lol:

Forster

Simpson  Colo  Samba  Izaguirre

Lennon  Tiote    Milner  N'Zogbia

HBA

Lukaku

How about this Yorkie?

Guest Chubby Jason

Lennon would be class. Spurs would be worth keeping an eye on to see who they let go. If Defoe pipes up about not playing enough he could go especially if they bring in another forward. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Adam Johnson, Connor Wickham & a fast striker, couple of rotation players on frees like Marveaux & Larsson, backup LB and possibly backup RB is Raylor is moved on.

It looks to me like we're putting a lot of effort into recruiting from abroad. You do get better value for money, if you do your research properly (ie no last minute Luques)

The exception may be the fire sale at West Ham. Cole, Hitzlsperger, Green, Upson, Bridge, Parker - all internationals likely to be on the move.

The young player there who's impressed me is Junior Stanislas. I don't know if he's injured at the moment.

It looks to me like we're putting a lot of effort into recruiting from abroad. You do get better value for money, if you do your research properly (ie no last minute Luques)

The exception may be the fire sale at West Ham. Cole, Hitzlsperger, Green, Upson, Bridge, Parker - all internationals likely to be on the move.

The young player there who's impressed me is Junior Stanislas. I don't know if he's injured at the moment.

Bridge isn't West Ham's is he?

Bridge isn't West Ham's is he?

Ah, you're right. On loan from Man City.

No to all of them.

Stanislas has shown brief bits of quality from what I've seen. Can have good games and be totally anonymous. He can take a good set piece then kick the ground at the next one. Not good enough imo.

Hitzlsperger seems a decent enough player to add to the squad, no?

Would definitely go after Ba - he's on loan currently isn't he? Can imagine Hoffenheim not being fussed about him leaving permanently. Certainly a realistic target to bolster your questionable strikeforce.

No to all of them.

Stanislas has shown brief bits of quality from what I've seen. Can have good games and be totally anonymous. He can take a good set piece then kick the ground at the next one. Not good enough imo.

Mark Noble?

West Ham's squad is full of overrated frauds, journeyman nobody's, complete crocks and just plain dross.

I'd stay well away of the lot of them with the exception of maybe Ba.

I'd see West Ham as a decent bunch of players who have been mismanaged. Ther heads drop down faster than a whore's drawers.

I'll take this opportunity to take a swipe at Upson. He was narrowly defeated by Gareth Barry in the summer in my "what the fuck is he doing there?" awards. Overrated to fuck for years. Barely an improvement on Williamson.

Collison is good but he's been injured.

Exactly. Hitzlsperger and Collison are both good midfielders, but I wouldn't bank on either of them keeping fit. They fall under one of the categories I've suggested.

If we're picking through the bones of relegation candidates already, if we can get him on the cheap, I wouldn't mind Al-Habsi... though way down on my list of priorities.

West Ham's squad is full of overrated frauds, journeyman nobodies, complete crocks and just plain dross.

:thup:

West Ham's squad is full of overrated frauds, journeyman nobodies, complete crocks and just plain dross.

I'd take a punt on Ba if we can get him cheapish, like 3-4mil. Don't know how realistic that is. On the provision we also get another more proven striker.

West Ham's squad is full of overrated frauds, journeyman nobody's, complete crocks and just plain dross.

I'd see West Ham as a decent bunch of players who have been mismanaged. Ther heads drop down faster than a whore's drawers.

They've been spiralling towards relegation for a few seasons man. Just a bunch of ragtag misfits, Carlton Cole is their first choice centre forward and he's a complete fucking impostor of a footballer.

Noble: Plays because he's homegrown, can only take penalties.

Dyer: Dead

Bridge: lol

Spector: Barely a footballer

da Costa and Ilunga: Suicide defenders

Robert Green: shite

Tomkins: Liability

Upson: Turns slower than milk

Piquionne: barndoor, banjo come to mind?

Jacobsen: wank

Barrera: who?

Sears: allergic to goals

O'Neil: Boro reject.

Could go on all day, but honestly they're down at the bottom for a reason. They can't defend, get consistently outfought in midfield and their strikers are shite.

Another thing with Ba, while I rate him, the only reason he's ended up there is because he has some pretty dodgy medical conditions. Another one for the potential crock list.

Honestly, their current squad just reminds me of ours for so many years. Terrible mismanagement. The scraping around of brash, expensive loan deals in order to try and save their season in January is typical of those pair of muppets in charge.

I daren't think what their wages amount to for that load of rubbish too.