F.I.F.A Power,Corruption and Lies (allegedly)

biggs

Guest Slarth

Jesus christ they don't care anymore, sacked by the fill in head of concacaf, is that even in the power of a temporary person

CONCACAF says attempt to fire Chuck Blazer was "unauthorised"

They don't have that power, he won't be there long though. Honestly you couldn't make this s**t up :lol:

aye just saw it on twitter

GrantWahl Grant Wahl

Concacaf statement (from New York office): "Chuck Blazer continues as general secretary and with the full authority of his office."

FIFA is collapsing in on itself here

FIFA are falling and when the new regime falls into place I wonder if they will call for a revote on the world cups, maybe not the Russian one but certainly the Qatar one has tp have a revote.

Also, how can you have a presidential election with only one candidate?, even the American's have two possibilities.

The whole lot of them need throwing out. Too many have grassed others up in the hope they won't get caught then back tracked incase they are incriminated. The whole thing is a fucking mess, and when Coca Cola comes along and says your organisation is too corrupt and threaten to take away there money then you know something is not fucking right.

Unsurprisingly and unfortunately, Blatter is set to remain as FIFA President. Looks like they're not going to postpone the election so Blatter, as the sole candidate, will win.  :no: :no:

Bunch of w****rs.

Corruption and lies, sure. The power only stems from adidas, Nike, Coca Cola and other corporate event sponsors. Cut them off and they go away. They don't have a line of income that doesn't stem from tournament sponsorship, video games etc. And that comes from the voluntary participation of players and nations they don't own.

Just don't go to Qatar. Decline to participate. Shoe companies and fizzy pop manufacturers aren't going to pay Sepp & Wagner if Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France. England etc. opt out.

Guest neesy111

FIFA is registered as a charity (I wonder why hmmmm), with all this corruption etc shouldn't someone report all this to the Swiss Police?!?

If the Blatter regime does indeed start to fall apart, it's prime time for MJ Jung to come back in and pick up the scraps... And I'm pretty sure what his stance on a re-vote would be...

Corruption and lies, sure. The power only stems from adidas, Nike, Coca Cola and other corporate event sponsors. Cut them off and they go away. They don't have a line of income that doesn't stem from tournament sponsorship, video games etc. And that comes from the voluntary participation of players and nations they don't own.

Just don't go to Qatar. Decline to participate. Shoe companies and fizzy pop manufacturers aren't going to pay Sepp & Wagner if Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France. England etc. opt out.

Power is certainly there imho but breaking it up is the hard bit atm as Jack Warner is loopy as a fruit bat as one day saying " im gonna cause a Tsunami" and the next day saying "vote for Blatter ". This bit atm is a joke and for the people in power it is incredibly childish how they act.I said in the thread earlier that the major financial and footballing international powers should pull out on masse and show there cards and see what happens then .

Are Fifa answerable to anybody other than their sponsers? Can any authority like the EU or a particular Government step in and investigate? This is piss poor, none of these guys can be trusted.

Are Fifa answerable to anybody other than their sponsers? Can any authority like the EU or a particular Government step in and investigate? This is piss poor, none of these guys can be trusted.

All I'm ever thinking. Such a massive fucking global organisation can't seriously not be answerable to any third party authority?

I assume that only the country that they are registered in could take action? All these allegations of bribery and corruption must be investigated outside FIFA. Surely it would be deemed a criminal act? So if found guilty they will have the law answerable to not just sanctions from FIFA? Surely FIFA have legal governance that they have to adhere to, regardless of their business they are still a company, even charities are accountable to law, but there has been no mention so far about a 3rd party investigation. Will it take a member associating to request such an investigation.

I assume that only the country that they are registered in could take action? All these allegations of bribery and corruption must be investigated outside FIFA. Surely it would be deemed a criminal act? So if found guilty they will have the law answerable to not just sanctions from FIFA? Surely FIFA have legal governance that they have to adhere to, regardless of their business they are still a company, even charities are accountable to law, but there has been no mention so far about a 3rd party investigation. Will it take a member associating to request such an investigation.

They're based in Switzerland so it could only really be the Swiss authorities who could take any action against them, but with the executive committee members being based throughout the world it's questionable whether they'd have any jurisdiction over the actual members and any local action against the members would be rejected because of their lack of jurisdiction over a Swiss organisation.

FIFA is registered as a charity (I wonder why hmmmm), with all this corruption etc shouldn't someone report all this to the Swiss Police?!?

they made a nice tidy profit from the world cup last year (all tax free of coarse as one of the conditions for getting into the running for a world cup is changing the tax laws while its on so fifa don't get taxed) while south africa were left with a rather hefty bill, crooked organisation from top to bottom the sooner its torn down the better for football

Guest Slarth

In an interview with a German press agency, Grondona called England "pirates" and added: "With the English [2018 World Cup] bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

He didn't want much for his vote did he  :idiot2:

In an interview with a German press agency, Grondona called England "pirates" and added: "With the English [2018 World Cup] bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

He didn't want much for his vote did he  :idiot2:

Just wiki'd him. Seems like a real winner.

Football is run by caricatures of Bond villans.

Guest Slarth

More from Grondona on why he didn't vote for the US bid:"Yes, I voted for Qatar, because a vote for the US would be like a vote for England, and that is not possible." 

Then look at the head of the Fiji FA: Prominent Ba lawyer and Fiji Football Association president Dr Muhammad Shamsud-Dean Sahu Khan has been disbarred indefinitely from practicing law. He's squeeky clean then :lol:

It's like a bad movie!

why did sky sports even bother to tweet this

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News

FIFA presidential election result due shortly on SSN.

we fucking know whos going to win theres only one guy running

More from Grondona on why he didn't vote for the US bid:"Yes, I voted for Qatar, because a vote for the US would be like a vote for England, and that is not possible." 

Then look at the head of the Fiji FA: Prominent Ba lawyer and Fiji Football Association president Dr Muhammad Shamsud-Dean Sahu Khan has been disbarred indefinitely from practicing law. He's squeeky clean then :lol:

It's like a bad movie!

I'd really like some of the overseas lads to comment on this stuff. Is the foreign media really just portraying us as jumped up bad losers causing trouble?

Some of the stuff coming out from the likes of Grondona is absolutely mindblowing. :no:

It's like a bad movie!

I'd really like some of the overseas lads to comment on this stuff. Is the foreign media really just portraying us as jumped up bad losers causing trouble?

Some of the stuff coming out from the likes of Grondona is absolutely mindblowing. :no:

listened a bit to Philipe Auclair yesterday on talksport and he mentioned it and how its gone down in France is basically that, jumped up bad losers causing trouble. Can't say for sure its the same elsewhere

Thats fair then.

Like someone said, its like a bad film. How can people say things like that and get away with it. He's pretty much said there that the vote had nothing to do with the bid.

I feel the only way this gets better is if big nations pull out of FIFA, which is unlikely. Unless the sponsers get together and form another association which again is unlikely. So unfortunately we are going have to put up with this kind of crock for a lot longer.

Is UEFA governed in the same kind of way?