F.I.F.A Power,Corruption and Lies (allegedly)

biggs

I genuinely want England to withdraw from 2014 now. I think if one nation does, more will follow. Then the sponsors will pull out and the whole thing will come crashing down. And if it doesn't at least we won't have to watch England under achieve, again.

2014 Brazil could be fun. The next two will be shit, withdraw from them.

Guest Slarth

"There is a lot of corruption involving FIFA officials and they are all millionaires because of football," the former Argentina player and coach said.

"I wonder if Blatter has ever kicked a football in his life, and yet we have been under the control of such people who have refused to give up power in FIFA.

"Why don't they all just relinquish their positions, take the money they have made and leave the running of the sport in the more capable hands of former football players?"

Maradona, a controversial figure who was sent home from the 1994 World Cup for using drugs, said he had never liked the FIFA establishment.

"I don't support corrupt people and I will never be on their side. I have always been asked by them to support the FIFA family. But what family are they talking about? This sport belongs to us and they have never ever asked us to be part of the development process," the 50-year-old said.

"They have too much power and this has made them so arrogant and proud. This is not what a genuine football lover needs from such officials. After all football, is the biggest sport in the world.

"We will continue doing what we are doing so that these corrupt people go away. They are too old and since they have made so much money at the cost of football, they should simply take it all and go away. Please leave football alone."

Link

Nice to see Maradona getting stuck in to FIFA  :laugh:

Huh, http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6967067,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Henry Kissinger is considering FIFA's offer :laugh:

Henry Kissinger has revealed his interest in accepting Sepp Blatter's invitation to help reform the troubled governing body.

The former US Secretary of State has been named as someone who could lead a new 'solutions committee' within Fifa.

And the 88-year-old has admitted the position offered by the president is one he would be keen on.

Kissinger told Radio Five Live: "He's not been specific, except to say he wants to create a group of wise men to deal with issues which may arise.

"This will be a commission of the wise. Kissinger loves football - he'll be part of it. "

Sepp Blatter Quotes of the week

"If it can help I'd be willing to participate but we need to know other participants and terms of reference."

Blatter, who was re-elected unopposed as president earlier this week, said he wants to improve accountability and regain credibility within the governing body which has been beset with allegations of corruption.

And the 75-year-old Swiss wants the 1973 Nobel Peace prize winner, who was involved in the reform of the International Olympic Committee, to be part of those plans.

Corruption

As well as his participation in the reform of the IOC, Kissinger also helped the United States win the rights to host the 1994 World Cup and Blatter wants him to join Dutch footballing legend Johan Crufyy in aiding the corruption problems.

Blatter said: "This will be a commission of the wise. Kissinger loves football - he'll be part of it."

"And (Johan) Cruyff, he's the perfect personality to help us in this solution commission."

The announcement comes after Asian Football Confederation president Mohamed Bin Hammam and Fifa vice-president Jack Warner were both suspended before the presidential election on bribery allegations.

And Bin Hammam - who was cleared by Fifa's Ethics Committee of offering financial incentives to Fifa delegates - was set to oppose the president but his withdrawal following his suspension resulted in a one-horse race.

Meanwhile, Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke was alleged to have claimed in an email that Qatar 'bought' the hosting rights to the 2022 World Cup but Valcke later said those comments were misunderstood.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6968733,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Under-fire Fifa president Sepp Blatter has confirmed that Spanish opera singer Placido Domingo is his somewhat bizarre choice to advise football's world governing body on its problems.

Domingo will join 88-year-old former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger and ex-Holland international Johann Cruyff as advisers.

The announcement comes as the latest confusing move from Fifa in a fortnight which has seen the body surrounded in allegations of corruption prior to Blatter's re-election as president for a fourth term.

Blatter said: "These gentlemen are more or less advisers, they are not the experts, but advisers.

"They should be a kind of 'council of wisdom' which my executive committee would not like because they think they are the council of wisdom!

Inquiry

"They should be a kind of 'council of wisdom' which my executive committee would not like because they think they are the council of wisdom!"

Sepp Blatter on his new advisors Quotes of the week

"I have also contacted the Spanish singer... Placido Domingo - he is happy, he is proud that he is part, and Kissinger also. People say he is an old man, but he is a wise man."

Meanwhile, Blatter has played down the likelihood of Fifa launching an inquiry into Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid, but insists he will not block the organisation's new watchdog body from investigating.

Blatter also said he has "received enough kicks" and now wants to have the chance to restore Fifa's credibility.

Asked if he would look again at Qatar hosting the 2022 World Cup, Blatter said: "No. I don't know why we should go in - then we shall go to all, then we shall start with Brazil and all before.

"I don't know why we should open something because somebody has said something towards Qatar.

Zero tolerance

"Let me work now on this new approach of the ethics committee, let me work with this committee of solutions and if this committee of solutions or the ethics committee have the impression that they should do something then let them take the decisions."

Fifa has two members, Jack Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam, suspended on bribery charges pending an ethics committee hearing, but Blatter said he would not support a lifetime ban for people who offer bribes despite his new 'zero tolerance' approach.

He added: "No - to say if there is an offence against an ethic code, it is a life ban - everyone has the right to defend itself.

"Zero tolerance is not a killing instinct that we have to kill people. Zero tolerance means that if you commit something outside the play of field, you will have a punishment. But it can be a yellow card, it can be a red card, it can be a suspension for two games, three games [or] a lifetime."

An opera singer?? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Warner resigns from FIFA & CONCACAF - FIFA's Ethics Committee drop all investigations against him.

As dodgy as that is, it's fantastic that he's gone. FIFA and CONCACAF in particular will be much better now they're rid of that cancer.

Jack Warner resigns from FIFA & CONCACAF - FIFA's Ethics Committee drop all investigations against him.

As dodgy as that is, it's fantastic that he's gone. FIFA and CONCACAF in particular will be much better now they're rid of that cancer.

Depends which wretch replaces him next, it could be another mong like warner.

:nods:

This is fucked up. This is why FIFA is all wrong an Opera Singer and someone who may die at any moment???

I wish something could be done about them, but it seems that people are powerless. The only way things would change is if the big nations started to boycott. The only way I can see that is if the players boycott as I can't see the FA's from the countries wanting to do fuck all. It would be interesting to see a prominent player still playing making negative comments about FIFA or a prominent manager. Maradonna saying it means fuck all as FIFA can't do anything to him.

It needs to be gutted and ripped from the ground up, and don't make the same mistakes again. 4 year cycles, when you have the same people at the top for 30/40 years then corruption is inevitable because people become too powerful.

It needs to be gutted and ripped from the ground up, and don't make the same mistakes again. 4 year cycles, when you have the same people at the top for 30/40 years then corruption is inevitable because people become too powerful.

It just seems impossible to do as they have nobody to answer to not even law. If FIFA found Warner guilty then he would be liable to law but when the fuckers are not finding anyone guilty of anything then law is powerless. Its a shame that someone truly independant can not investigate it. Maybe we need a NOTW undercover sting type of operation. Bastard FIFA.

It just seems impossible to do as they have nobody to answer to not even law. If FIFA found Warner guilty then he would be liable to law but when the fuckers are not finding anyone guilty of anything then law is powerless. Its a shame that someone truly independant can not investigate it. Maybe we need a NOTW undercover sting type of operation. Bastard FIFA.

Aye. There needs to be external intervention.