Sammy Ameobi released

James

Scepticism is okay, but he seems to have inherited the Ameobi syndrome, where only his mistakes get recognised.

He's only playing for us because of his name so that's fair, especially as his name bought him about a year of "hype".

Usually works quite well as an impact sub I think.  Although I'm not sure we've ever scored or owt because of him coming on?  Barring the odd Europa game, he has almost exclusively looked s**** when starting.

This is all getting a bit what-have-the-Romans-ever-done-for-us. He won us a League Cup tie last season, when he beat a couple of defenders and fired in a shot from outside the area.

And really that's far from being the only time when he's caused defenders problems.

Scepticism is okay, but he seems to have inherited the Ameobi syndrome, where only his mistakes get recognised.

Simmer down.  It was a genuine question, as I couldn't remember and I was half expecting someone to chirp up with "well he's a shit impact sub, he's never scored/set up a goal or affected a result" type remark.

For the record, I think he has more about him than Ferguson.  Who seems to play in straight lines, seems a bit of a weakling and also looks poor when starting games.  I think Sammy is raw, but he has as much of a chance of doing something positive for our team as Fergie.

Both look some way off the level required for first team football though.  So it's worrying that they're getting regular game time.

They should be ironing out their mistakes and learning their trade at a lower level. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hydeous

Sort of player who can get bums off their seats. Sadly they're heading for the exit currently in his career.

Not enough love!  ;D

Guest icemanblue

Starting to think he's a bit of a bellend, like.

Seems a bit of a spoilt brat.

Definitely. That tweet was aimed at the fans as well, if I remember rightly. No doubt stemming back to when he got shit for not stopping for a photo. Seems to have had a sense of entitlement with regards to playing time this season, but he's piped down after being shocking when he's had a chance.

I think his close control is quite excellent. Really surprising how well he can dribble out of tight spot. He's very tall and will take about of time to get some strength. He obviously needs to learn to read the game, get his head up and make better decisions. It looks like it's happening a bit fast for him at the moment. As said, some loan time would be very good for him. Probs a decent footballing League One team for a season.

He's more influenced BY sh*te like Nile Ranger than a critic of.

Apparently Shola had a word with his little bruv before the apology/retraction

He's more influenced BY sh*te like Nile Ranger than a critic of.

Apparently Shola had a word with his little bruv before the apology/retraction

That wouldn't surprise me like. Despite all of the vitriol aimed at Shola you can still see how proud he is to be playing for us. He gets it. At this moment in time I'm not sure Sammy does.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Out of all the attacking players in the FA Youth Cup squad (Newton, Inmann, Ferguson, Vuckic, Airey), I though Sammy was the least impressive. Strange how things work out.

Out of all the attacking players in the FA Youth Cup squad (Newton, Inmann, Ferguson, Vuckic, Airey), I though Sammy was the least impressive. Strange how things work out.

Did Airey find a club btw? I know he never signed for Spennymoor due to wage demands. Always liked Inman from what I've seen of him too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Did Airey find a club btw? I know he never signed for Spennymoor due to wage demands. Always liked Inman from what I've seen of him too.

Think he went to Blyth?