Sammy Ameobi released

James

He's in the squad because no Championship sides could be bribed into taking him on loan. Bolton in League One have improved since they sacked him off, too. Hopefully we never have to watch him play for us again.

Didn't he do well at Bolton? Would be surprised if they didn't want him to stay.

He's not going to have anything to do with the first team next season, chill bro. Just enjoy the exquisite cameos.

I think he's here because there was no winger signed in January. Kept as a last resort, otherwise I think he would be back at Bolton.

He's in the squad because no Championship sides could be bribed into taking him on loan. Bolton in League One have improved since they sacked him off, too. Hopefully we never have to watch him play for us again.

Didn't he do well at Bolton? Would be surprised if they didn't want him to stay.

He's not going to have anything to do with the first team next season, chill bro. Just enjoy the exquisite cameos.

Aye, they wanted him back but we wouldn't sanction it due to us not getting a winger in.

He's not good enough for where we want to be but there's no need play down the fact he did quite well in League 1. Scored a couple of cracking goals.

We obviously want to keep him (Sammy Ameobi) around, he’s been immense for us.

Sammy needed playing time. He’s developing as a player like the team is. We are pleased with him.

He’s enjoying it here so obviously we’d like to keep him.

You learn things when you’re playing games, he’s getting better and is a very likeable lad.

Quotes from our managers over the years say similar things about Jack Colback, even Alan Smith. I think I'd rather take the opinion of knowledgeable fans.

But yeah, 2 goals in 20 for them in League One. Immense indeed.

Ron's been watching Bolton, they've improved man.

Just what I've been told by a couple of Bolton fans. Feel free to pretend he's not shit, I don't give a fuck either way.

Said nothing of the sort. He's been fine in his couple of cameos, by all accounts did well at Bolton and will be off in the summer. You're the one seething.

• 2 months later...