Sammy Ameobi released

James

Guest bimpy474

Best player on the pitch tonight.

No way on earth.

He was for me. A constant outlet, good feet at times, got behind, got a goal. Not much competition mind.

I thought he was terrible with the ball when it was nowhere near their touchline, when he did well with it, his crosses need standing up more but he did ok. But he lost the ball so many times i lost count. Took the goal very well tbf.

He's just lazy in possession, bit like his brother. Fwiw i thought Good was by far the best player, excellent on his debut.

No way on earth.

He was for me. A constant outlet, good feet at times, got behind, got a goal. Not much competition mind.

I thought he was terrible with the ball when it was nowhere near their touchline, when he did well with it, his crosses need standing up more but he ok. But he lost the ball so many times i lost count. Took he goal very well tbf.

He's just lazy in possession, bit like his brother. Fwiw i thought Good was by far the best player, excellent on his debut.

I've been his biggest critic but I think that's a bit harsh. He's certainly frustrating but stood out compared to everyone else on the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

No way on earth.

I thought he was terrible with the ball when it was nowhere near their touchline, when he did well with it, his crosses need standing up more but he ok. But he lost the ball so many times i lost count. Took he goal very well tbf.

I've been his biggest critic but I think that's a bit harsh. He's certainly frustrating but shone out compared to everyone else on the pitch.

Just watch the match back again when it's on and you'll see what i mean, i actually like him but i'm not sure his brain is good enough for the top level. Just something missing imo.

Get him out on loan, playing 40 games in the Championship and then lets have another look, because he needs games and not games now and again against League Two teams.

No way on earth.

I've been his biggest critic but I think that's a bit harsh. He's certainly frustrating but shone out compared to everyone else on the pitch.

Just watch the match back again when it's on and you'll see what i mean, i actually like him but i'm not sure his brain is good enough for the top level. Just something missing imo.

Get him out on loan, playing 40 games in the Championship and then lets have another look, because he needs games and not games now and again against League Two teams.

Watch that again, are you taking the piss?  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

No way on earth.

Watch that again, are you taking the piss?  :lol:

:lol: fair comment. I will but i'm a bit daft that way.

No way on earth.

Thought this myself tbh.

Agree with the decision making comment. Seems to slow the game down when he should just take on a man then try to take on a man when he should pass.

Just absolutely infuriating in all honesty.

That's the sort of thing that comes with good coaching (I know) and experience. The basics are there for a decent forward.

Guest bimpy474

I thought he was our best player. Certainly looks to have ability and I find it quite shocking that some have written him off already. Needs a run of games to see how he does, that's something he's never had.

Proper long loan in the Championship, games week in week out will do him good.

I thought he was our best player. Certainly looks to have ability and I find it quite shocking that some have written him off already. Needs a run of games to see how he does, that's something he's never had.

I'm really surprised at the negative comments from fans here today tbh. There was not a lot of space on that pitch against a very physical team, yet he was one of the few players who showed for the full 90 mins. I'd rather see him on the bench than Obertan, that's for sure.

Guest bimpy474

I'm really surprised at the negative comments from fans here today tbh. There was not a lot of space on that pitch against a very physical team, yet he was one of the few players who showed for the full 90 mins. I'd rather see him on the bench than Obertan, that's for sure.

Pointing out what he did wrong is not always negative, he is very slack with the ball when in and around the halfway line and gave it away far too much for me. That's something that needs sorting out and i think that may come with regular football. Which he wont get here imo, and it's quite hard in a team that isn't being made to play with possession like we are.

Get him a season long loan in a high placed Championship side. It'll do him a world of good.

He's unpredictable (which is a nice way of saying his touch can be fucking abysmal at times) BUT he is always positive, always trying to beat his man and will always get the odd chance in a game which is sadly a rarity for us.

Would rather see Sammy on the pitch trying rather than some of our players who are either hiding or just being too scared to do anything so will go for the simple pass EVERY time.