Sam Allardyce

Ritchie

Shame Blackpool will get beat and we have that cunt back in the prem telling everyone who'll listen how good he is and first time promotion was never in doubt.

Rather Blackpool win today than England win the euros.

Guest Tyson

Shame Blackpool will get beat and we have that c*** back in the prem telling everyone who'll listen how good he is and first time promotion was never in doubt.

Rather Blackpool win today than England win the euros.

Echo those sentiments.

He's successfully managed to deconstruct (in terms of ball-playing ability) this season's Championship equivalent of the Dream Team. Automatic promotion, with the list available should have been a formality. Fat Sam's philosophy has drawn heavy criticism from the terraces down at Upton.

Failure today should ensure that he is shown the door. The sooner Professor ProZone is phased out of football the better.

Guest neesy111

West Ham style slammed by Blackpool's Alex Baptiste

Alex Baptiste has criticised West Ham's style of football and referee Howard Webb after Blackpool's 2-1 play-off final loss at Wembley on Saturday.

"We were the better side," the defender told BBC Radio Lancashire. "It was embarrassing at times. They just hoof it long and hope for the best.

"It's a foul on me for the second goal, so the ref has done us no favours.

"I suppose everyone got what they wanted. Everyone wanted West Ham to win because they're a team from London."

Ricardo Vaz Te's goal three minutes from time sealed an instant return to the Premier League for the Hammers, in their first season under Sam Allardyce.

Tom Ince had earlier equalised for Blackpool after Carlton Cole opened the scoring.

Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Baptiste continued: "Congratulations to them, they won the game, but I know who I would rather play for.

"I wouldn't survive in their team because I'm not tall enough. All of them are 8ft tall."

While West Ham can expect a windfall of around £45m following their promotion to the Premier League, Ian Holloway's side are now facing the prospect of Championship football again next season.

"If we keep the squad together, we'll go up next year," added Baptiste. "You've seen the football that we play. We've just got to believe in ourselves a little bit more.

" We experienced winning it two years ago and it's a cruel game sometimes.

"Maybe we didn't deserve it last time, but we sure as hell deserved it this time."

I caught summik before the match, phil brown was blabbing on about sam allerdyce and called him a "tactical chameleon", i nearly fell off the sofa laughing.

I caught summik before the match, phil brown was blabbing on about sam allerdyce and called him a "tactical chameleon", i nearly fell off the sofa laughing.

Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce and Phil Brown have to be the three biggest cunts in football. Theres no doubt about it!

Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce and Phil Brown have to be the three biggest c***s in football. Theres no doubt about it!

:clap: most definitely

The fact that Phil Brown is being dragged out as an expert on sky sports for various football items is now worrying me.

The man has done very little as a manager.

Time to cancel sky sports.

:lol:

• 5 months later...

http://blog.paddypower.com/2012/11/08/not-big-sam-do-i-have-good-memories-of-newcastle-there-was-one-night-with-cheryl-cole/

Not Big Sam: Do I have good memories of Newcastle? There was one night with Cheryl Cole…

There’s no two ways about it. They hurt. Despite my stoic sensibilities, and my legendary ability to turn the tables on any attacker, the words spat at me by Mike Ashley, when he removed me as manager of Newcastle United in January 2008, stung like a bullet ant. “You’re fired,” he drooled, sat slovenly in his disgusting office, dressed in a full Newcastle kit like a big bellend. “Oh, and while I’m at it, you look a bit like Bennett from Commando.”

I stood there in silence, devastated and alone; my dignity laying prone on the floor, like a crippled child with negligent parents.

I was immediately ushered out of St James’ Park, and thrown into the cold, dank streets of an unforgiving city. Discarded without a thought, like a whore with a hump.

Stalin was never named manager of the month

I walked home in a state of befuddlement, the paltry remnants of my time at the club carried over my shoulder in a bindle stick. The cruel, wintry frost rasped violently at my vagabond face, as a right shower of bastards gathered around me, hurling insults. “You’re as useless as Stephen Hawking’s feet!” yelled one Geordie mutant, his bared breasts dancing frantically in the January gust. “My granny could manage better than you, you fat mess, and she can’t even manage her own piss muscles,” added another, crudely. One sweet-looking, teenage girl in pigtails even threw dog shit at me, whilst screaming: “I hate you Not Big Sam! You’re worse than Stalin!”

It was the worst moment of my adult life. I ran through the city in tears, the ever-growing mob of abusers at my heels, bombarding me with taunts, rocks, and bits of perished squirrel. I felt like a circus freak. Not for the first or last time, my life drew acute and painful parallels with that of the Elephant Man. Not physically, of course. I’ve dealt with all sorts of accusations throughout my career, but no, my head does not weigh the same as Merrick’s. I’ve had it checked out by the lads at Opta, and they assured me that mine is “certainly, but not categorically, lighter”.

The night Nick Drake saved my life

When I finally got home, I curled up into a ball on my beanbag, slipped Pink Moon by Nick Drake onto the turntable, and stayed their for 34 hours and 13 minutes. Although it seemed like I was stuffed down the darkest of wells, I soon tilted my weary head skywards, and glimpsed a hopeful fleck of light. This was going to be the bloody making of me.

I arose from my feeble inertia, a new man. A stronger man. I promptly discarded my clothes; their very existence a reminder of the person I was. I’d also been wearing the same duds for a day and a half, and quite frankly, I stank like a Frenchman’s finger. As the symbolic, pupal casing of my attire, fell away from my body, I emerged like a beautiful butterfly, ready to feast on the very nectar of untapped opportunity.

I opened the front door and stood naked in front of the world. “I am alive!” I roared, my genitalia swaying against my magnificent thighs like a devastating wrecking ball, hell-bent on destruction. “Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Not Big Sam, the Ever-Living!” Yes, I stole it from Mumm-Ra, but it seemed so deliciously apt.

After reciting this incantation, I bent down on one knee, flexed my biceps towards the heavens, and screamed the scream of some form of feral beast. A feral beast blessed with focus, cunning and tactical aplomb. I then went back inside and watched Commando on the Sky Player, to see if that bastard Ashley was correct. I almost turned it off in disgust when I clapped my eyes on that chainmail-wearing troglodyte, but gradually became compelled by the story of Bennett’s nemesis, Colonel John Matrix.

As I watched his beefy resilience deal with betrayal after betrayal, and marvelled at his ability to turn anger into a thick, fiery ball of vengeance and retribution, I was inspired. I decided at that very moment that the heinous act perpetrated against me by Mike Ashley, Newcastle United and the very inhabitants of that unholy North East favela, would serve only as exquisite fuel in my quest to climb to the very top of association football. United were just pawns in my crusade; a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Every time I see Ashley’s chubby jowls wobble on TV, I remind myself that this is the man – the monster – that pushed me off my own personal ladder of evolution. I know in my heart, that his callous and undue expulsion is the only reason I am not currently preparing my team talk at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, or Camp Nou.

About that night with Cheryl Cole…

This weekend, Big Sam takes his West Ham side – fresh from a goalless mauling of the so-called champions – back to the scene of his most painful betrayal. I’ve been back before, of course, but the agony never subsides; it only manifests with each magnificent step I take towards managerial greatness. It’s been over four years now, but the coals of injustice continue to crackle and burn inside my belly, tearing at my soul. Only vengeance can extinguish such wretched flames.

Do I have any good memories of my time at Newcastle? None. Well… there was this one time with Mark Viduka and Cheryl Cole in a nightclub called Tiger Tiger. Mark and I were grinding with Cheryl on the dancefloor, when she looked at me with those gorgeous, hazelnut eyes and whispered: “Wud yee leek tuh hev a fiddle wi’ me noo-noo?” It was an all-too rare moment of sensuality, in a town drenched in blue WKD and vulgarity.

As I take my boys onto the field at St James’ Park this Sunday, I do so with the dactylic words of Colonel John Matrix burrowed deep into my labyrinthine brain…

You know, when I was a boy and rock’n'roll came to East Germany, the communists said it was subversive. Maybe they were right.

Maybe they WERE right, Colonel. Either way, it’s time for Big Sam to let off some steam.

Fuck me, did anyone read this fat-headed cunt's column in the Standard this evening?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sam-allardyce-go-back-to-st-james-park-and-make-yourselves-west-ham-heroes-8300421.html

The pre-match focus this weekend is all about three of us — Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll and myself — going back to Newcastle.

I’ve been back there since my departure as manager — with Blackburn when we won 2-1. There is no bitterness on my part now with how things turned out at Newcastle. At the time, almost five years ago, I believed the decision was unfair and unjust but life is about the future, not the past.

I understand and appreciate the history in football but far too many people in the industry live in the past. Of course, the past is important but football is also about the present — building new memories and creating fresh history. If you are constantly griping about what has happened to you, then the only person it really affects is you.

Life goes on, you get on with the job. The more time I spend as a manager the better I get at the job and the more I can deliver to my employers.

Right now, I believe I’m one of the most experienced Premier League managers after Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

During that time I’ve learnt not to bear grudges but to move on. Newcastle have also overcome their problems and are a good team now.

They struggled to cope when I left, as did Bolton and Blackburn, because they were relegated.

It’s not as if I was hoping and praying for those clubs to suffer but when it happened it was hard not to think, ‘there you go, I told you’.

My spell at Newcastle, though, is way in the past and my focus this weekend is more about supporting Kevin and Andy on their return and helping them deliver a performance back at their former club. I want us to play well on Sunday, not only because it would continue our growth in this League but also for Kevin and Andy. We want to make them our heroes.

Mind you, they both accept how difficult it will be because they know and appreciate the players who are there.

We know we have to get back to the standard of performance we demonstrated at QPR. Anything less than that will end in a defeat.

Kevin’s captaincy will, as ever, be important. When you appoint a skipper, the most important factor is to know exactly who that person is, how he operates and what he is capable of doing.

If you don’t get it right and you ask him to be a captain and character that is alien to him, you can confuse him. If that happens, his game will suffer and that’s the last thing you want.

As a manager, you have to take the time to get to know him, tell him what you want and ask him what he can deliver.

You have choices. You can go for a captain who carries the ball out, tosses the coin and leads by consistent example — and that’s it. You don’t ask him to organise things off the pitch because you know he doesn’t feel comfortable doing it. If you get it right, he will grow in that position. If you get it wrong, he will shrink and shrivel, both on and off the pitch.

We’ve seen many a captain selected wrongly in international sport.

In cricket, for example, we’ve seen them chosen based on popularity with the media and their quality as players.

My old mate, Freddie Flintoff, is an example. He was a world-class all-rounder, always in the game, rather than an opening batsman who could stand in the slips and make careful, considered decisions.

As far as Kevin is concerned, the most tricky decision was to make him Bolton captain at the age of 23. It was a massive risk, asking him to handle much older and more experienced players.

Once or twice in those early years, I thought his game was being affected and wondered whether to take the captaincy off him but I’m glad to say that, since then, he has developed into the captain I thought he’d become.

Kevin enjoys his responsibilities on and off the pitch. If the lads want something he will go out of his way to help them. He sees me when he needs to but he never comes telling tales.

I was the same. I was a captain as a player but when a manager asked me to tell tales, I told him: “You don’t want a captain, you want a snitch.”

There are fewer Kevin Nolans about these days, I’m sad to say.

People ask me if I had trouble talking him into coming to West Ham. The truth is, it took about five minutes. Once the club had promised him the security of a five-year contract and satisfied him on ambition, it was done.

As for Andy Carroll, there is still some way to go regarding match fitness. His pre-season was obviously disrupted and that takes a lot of catching up. On top of that, he then missed a few weeks with a hamstring problem.

Most of the players who are showing good form for us have played, including pre-season, 15 games. Andy has not been able to do this. I know he and Kevin enjoyed their time at Newcastle. I’ll talk to them before Sunday but I’ll keep to myself what I’m intending to say.

Holloway can make sure soaring Eagles reach the top flight

Back in May, I was standing a few yards from Ian Holloway at Wembley as our teams did battle in the play-offs.

Now he’s a fellow London manager with Crystal Palace and I wish him well. I must say I was a bit surprised when Ian decided to leave Blackpool but he spent a long time in London with Queens Park Rangers and maybe he wanted to come back, as well as needing a fresh challenge.

Ian seems to have moved to a club who are heading in the right direction — not that Blackpool weren’t — but he will be determined to continue where Dougie Freedman left off.

The big challenge for him will be living with the expectation which already exists at Palace.

He hasn’t gone to a struggling club, as Mick McCarthy has done at Ipswich — Ian has joined a club that might even have been over-achieving a little bit.

He will know that, last season, they were in something of a similar position but then just drifted away in the latter stages.

Their League Cup exploits also worked against them because their squad couldn’t quite cope with the heavy schedule of matches.

My belief, though, is that Ian is very unfortunate to have had only one season at the top level. His pedigree is outstanding and, hopefully, with Palace he will get them into the Premier League.

He will know, however, that the Championship is one hard League from which to be promoted. Take Cardiff, for example. It looked as though they were running away with it but two successive defeats and the picture looks very different.

What Ian will be hoping now is that his new club’s owners share his ambition and that, in January or with loans, he will be given extra tools with which to complete the job.

Get the players in while the going is good. Prevention is better than cure.

f*** me, did anyone read this fat-headed c***'s column in the Standard this evening?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sam-allardyce-go-back-to-st-james-park-and-make-yourselves-west-ham-heroes-8300421.html

The pre-match focus this weekend is all about three of us — Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll and myself — going back to Newcastle.

I’ve been back there since my departure as manager — with Blackburn when we won 2-1. There is no bitterness on my part now with how things turned out at Newcastle. At the time, almost five years ago, I believed the decision was unfair and unjust but life is about the future, not the past.

I understand and appreciate the history in football but far too many people in the industry live in the past. Of course, the past is important but football is also about the present — building new memories and creating fresh history. If you are constantly griping about what has happened to you, then the only person it really affects is you.

Life goes on, you get on with the job. The more time I spend as a manager the better I get at the job and the more I can deliver to my employers.

Right now, I believe I’m one of the most experienced Premier League managers after Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

During that time I’ve learnt not to bear grudges but to move on. Newcastle have also overcome their problems and are a good team now.

They struggled to cope when I left, as did Bolton and Blackburn, because they were relegated.

It’s not as if I was hoping and praying for those clubs to suffer but when it happened it was hard not to think, ‘there you go, I told you’.

My spell at Newcastle, though, is way in the past and my focus this weekend is more about supporting Kevin and Andy on their return and helping them deliver a performance back at their former club. I want us to play well on Sunday, not only because it would continue our growth in this League but also for Kevin and Andy. We want to make them our heroes.

Mind you, they both accept how difficult it will be because they know and appreciate the players who are there.

We know we have to get back to the standard of performance we demonstrated at QPR. Anything less than that will end in a defeat.

Kevin’s captaincy will, as ever, be important. When you appoint a skipper, the most important factor is to know exactly who that person is, how he operates and what he is capable of doing.

If you don’t get it right and you ask him to be a captain and character that is alien to him, you can confuse him. If that happens, his game will suffer and that’s the last thing you want.

As a manager, you have to take the time to get to know him, tell him what you want and ask him what he can deliver.

You have choices. You can go for a captain who carries the ball out, tosses the coin and leads by consistent example — and that’s it. You don’t ask him to organise things off the pitch because you know he doesn’t feel comfortable doing it. If you get it right, he will grow in that position. If you get it wrong, he will shrink and shrivel, both on and off the pitch.

We’ve seen many a captain selected wrongly in international sport.

In cricket, for example, we’ve seen them chosen based on popularity with the media and their quality as players.

My old mate, Freddie Flintoff, is an example. He was a world-class all-rounder, always in the game, rather than an opening batsman who could stand in the slips and make careful, considered decisions.

As far as Kevin is concerned, the most tricky decision was to make him Bolton captain at the age of 23. It was a massive risk, asking him to handle much older and more experienced players.

Once or twice in those early years, I thought his game was being affected and wondered whether to take the captaincy off him but I’m glad to say that, since then, he has developed into the captain I thought he’d become.

Kevin enjoys his responsibilities on and off the pitch. If the lads want something he will go out of his way to help them. He sees me when he needs to but he never comes telling tales.

I was the same. I was a captain as a player but when a manager asked me to tell tales, I told him: “You don’t want a captain, you want a snitch.”

There are fewer Kevin Nolans about these days, I’m sad to say.

People ask me if I had trouble talking him into coming to West Ham. The truth is, it took about five minutes. Once the club had promised him the security of a five-year contract and satisfied him on ambition, it was done.

As for Andy Carroll, there is still some way to go regarding match fitness. His pre-season was obviously disrupted and that takes a lot of catching up. On top of that, he then missed a few weeks with a hamstring problem.

Most of the players who are showing good form for us have played, including pre-season, 15 games. Andy has not been able to do this. I know he and Kevin enjoyed their time at Newcastle. I’ll talk to them before Sunday but I’ll keep to myself what I’m intending to say.

Holloway can make sure soaring Eagles reach the top flight

Back in May, I was standing a few yards from Ian Holloway at Wembley as our teams did battle in the play-offs.

Now he’s a fellow London manager with Crystal Palace and I wish him well. I must say I was a bit surprised when Ian decided to leave Blackpool but he spent a long time in London with Queens Park Rangers and maybe he wanted to come back, as well as needing a fresh challenge.

Ian seems to have moved to a club who are heading in the right direction — not that Blackpool weren’t — but he will be determined to continue where Dougie Freedman left off.

The big challenge for him will be living with the expectation which already exists at Palace.

He hasn’t gone to a struggling club, as Mick McCarthy has done at Ipswich — Ian has joined a club that might even have been over-achieving a little bit.

He will know that, last season, they were in something of a similar position but then just drifted away in the latter stages.

Their League Cup exploits also worked against them because their squad couldn’t quite cope with the heavy schedule of matches.

My belief, though, is that Ian is very unfortunate to have had only one season at the top level. His pedigree is outstanding and, hopefully, with Palace he will get them into the Premier League.

He will know, however, that the Championship is one hard League from which to be promoted. Take Cardiff, for example. It looked as though they were running away with it but two successive defeats and the picture looks very different.

What Ian will be hoping now is that his new club’s owners share his ambition and that, in January or with loans, he will be given extra tools with which to complete the job.

Get the players in while the going is good. Prevention is better than cure.

Read it on the way back from Kings Cross; had to read it twice and make sure it wasn't Not The Big Sam's column.

What a twat the man is.

It boils my piss when fans of neutral clubs bang on about how badly he was treated by NUFC, how he wasn't given any time and the fans cost him his job etc.

The only travesty was him getting the job in the first place. The horrible fat cunt.

He goes on about how he has moved on but he clearly still bears a grudge.

I hate the way he uses the position we were in at the time he left as proof that he was doing a good job.  Anyone who watched us that season knows he did a poor job and it was getting worse by the week.  Even the players were mocking of him once he went.  We had the easiest start to the season then got beat by Derby when they had been thrashed in their previous 2-3 games. After that it was downhill and we still had to play the big teams.  He left the club with a bunch of overpaid has been players with no pace that ended up massively contributed to our relegation.

I bet he couldn't believe his luck that he was paid in full.  Ashley won't make that mistake again as most clubs find a way not to pay managers in full these days.

Interesting that the local journos will say how much of a disaster he was with us whereas their national counterparts who probably never watched us play, hold a different view.

Fucking hell. :lol:

You could attribute Bolton's downfall in part to him, purely because they were so set in their ways any shake up was going to be risky. But even then it's not down to him that Bolton had a brainfart and with no foresight got Gary fucking Megson in. :lol: But us and Blackburn? Aye, nothing to do with the fact both clubs had owners who were having a pretty long-term brainfart at each period in time.

Fucking hell. :lol:

:lol: Wow, what a dick. He really said that?