Sam Allardyce

Ritchie

Guest Chubby Jason

He'll get them back up I think. It's funny though that he's now going to be managing in the Championship after journalists lauding for a Champions League job a few years ago.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Come on Sam, ready made replacement for Parker is Alan Smith. You've done it once, do it again!

Think of the GRAFT he could put in in the championship, on those cold Wednesday nights.

Guest Chubby Jason

He's certainly not a league above Curbishley and Zola still has plenty of time to prove himself and develop.

Allardyce' in talks with the Hammers

poor fkers

:lol:

They've had Avram Grant, Gianfranco Zola and Alan Curbishley in recent years; Allardyce is a league above that lot.

It wasn't long ago that you were saying Grant was a good manager!

There isn't much difference between Curbushley and Fat Sam, imo.

Guest Chubby Jason

How long until he provides us with "This is the biggest club I have managed in my career".

A relation of ours is very good friends with Tommy Smith, its his opinion that Grant is the worst manager he has ever worked for.  He said that he only gets jobs because of the people he knows and that quite often at Portsmouth he would have no interaction with the players other then on match days.

Guest Chubby Jason

And Curbishely? His and Fat Sam's records are pretty similar.

No.

yeah afraid so mate.

A relation of ours is very good friends with Tommy Smith, its his opinion that Grant is the worst manager he has ever worked for.  He said that he only gets jobs because of the people he knows and that quite often at Portsmouth he would have no interaction with the players other then on match days.

I've heard/read similar things.  I think one player told a journalist at the Guardian that Grant doesn't have a clue and just tells the players to go out and play.

Guest Chubby Jason

Yeah that one UEFA cup campaign make Allardyce "a class apart" from Curbishely, they both did well with low budgets at unfashionable teams. Very much on par with one another.