Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Guest bimpy474

I liked this lad, when it came out that Pardew didn't think he was progressing i was a bit miffed back then. I thought he was ok when i saw him, especially given he was only 19 and never played first team football before. Again another flair type of player, Pards really isn't a fan of those types is he :lol:

I liked this lad, when it came out that Pardew didn't think he was progressing i was a bit miffed back then. I thought he was ok when i saw him, especially given he was only 19 and never played first team football before. Again another flair type of player, Pards really isn't a fan of those types is he :lol:

Never really struck me as a flair player tbh, just a player capable of scoring the odd cracker. Would love for him to come back and make it though.

Guest bimpy474

Never really struck me as a flair player tbh, just a player capable of scoring the odd cracker. Would love for him to come back and make it though.

I didn't mean outright creative or anything like that. He wasn't a tackler imo. He was a tidy passer of the ball, but i thought there was a bit of flair there. That and with him being so young i felt Pardew was very harsh on him.

I didn't mean outright creative or anything like that. He wasn't a tackler imo. He was a tidy passer of the ball, but i thought there was a bit of flair there. That and with him being so young i felt Pardew was very harsh on him.

:thup: always liked the look of him from the odd game he got but then he seemed to get completely frozen out and looked to have no future here.

The YT video I saw of him when he signed showed a player who looked like a flair player, but Pardew used him in a defensive mid role in the only game I saw him play here. Or maybe he was meant to be the attacking mid but was told to concentrate on tracking back like Marveaux. In any case, from what I saw on YT I'm not that surprised he's got a few goals and assists.

I don't know, it's still the Greek league so I don't think much has changed for him.

What's the point of sending him there then? He's literally done as well as possible and people are still saying this.

:thup: He's gone to a league, albeit not the best league in the world, and he's done well. Most of our youth go to shit leagues and do poorly ffs. This guy has proven to be good enough to play in the Greek league, he has passed his first test, now next year challenge him in a better league. Preferably the Premier League.. in our team.

I don't know, it's still the Greek league so I don't think much has changed for him.

What's the point of sending him there then? He's literally done as well as possible and people are still saying this.

:thup: He's gone to a league, albeit not the best league in the world, and he's done well. Most of our youth go to s*** leagues and do poorly ffs. This guy has proven to be good enough to play in the Greek league, he has passed his first test, now next year challenge him in a better league. Preferably the Premier League.. in our team.

I'd wager the standard is better than most of the leagues are other youngsters are in. Done the best he can, deserves a shot here imo

Yeah definitely. I think the Greek league has some big ol' games that will be invaluable experience, amongst a sea of mediocrity. Mediocrity that is still significantly better than the SPL.

• 2 weeks later...