Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

He looked good today, he pressed well, made some good interceptions, and didn't do anything crazy. I'll take it. I'd rather see Anita or Tiote over him, but hell, Abeid & Sissoko are our main 2 guys in Central Midfield now

I love him. Colback can f*** off back to the stadium of s****.

Even he played well today. Actually tried to effect the game for a change.

He seemed to be pressing very effectively today instead of just ambling around.

Too true. He was very effective in protecting our lead once we'd gone in front. He did very well at times to win back possession and keep us in their half. Aided largely by Sissoko and Abeid of course, but it cannot be denied Colback has had a very good game in all fairness.

Guest alijmitchell

He is so composed, but added to that, very strong. Not likely to get bossed if it's him sissoko and tiote together.

Just been crucified on fb for saying mehdi should be in ahead of colback. Seems he's been our best player this season.

Was on the FM forums yesterday and someone was saying Colback had been rated too low and was our best player :lol:

It's just unreal. You don't know how happy I am to play for this club and to prove myself. But I couldn't be as good if my team-mates weren't with me helping me every day.

"The last four years hasn't been easy for me. I was just patient, I tried to work every day to be successful, and now I have to enjoy my time in the Premier League.

"I had to grow up as a player and as a man. What I did, I was really patient, I was working really hard. My loans were a really good experience for me, I learned a lot and today, I am really pleased to be playing for Newcastle.

"I want to play against the big players to judge myself, to learn every day. That's how we learn, to play against big players, and I am happy with what I have done this week.

His first touch didn't look too good.

Hopefully it was first game jitters otherwise he'll look like Tiote does against teams that don't dominate possession. Needs to be able to recycle the ball quickly and precisely. He's got athleticism but he didn't have to do too much else. That's fine against Liverpool and City but it won't be against teams that defend deeper.