Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Guest neesy111

Can someone clarify this raise your hands rule?  Does it exist.

Nah it doesn't, I had originally thought it did until about a year ago it was on football ramble podcast

Wrong thread :lol:, thanks for the answer though.

This particular line i liked very much! (didn't see it at first)

"Asked if he had done enough to secure a place in the team at the Hawthorns, he replied: 'No, I didn't do enough. I have to work more to prove myself"

The amount of kneejerk reactions in this thread are hilarious. Abeid over Tiote AND Anita (who has suddenly been completely written off and thrown onto the scrapheap as an utter failure), Colback over anyone at all (he should be on the fucking bench). Revisionism is high after only two good performances. Don't gemme wrong, I want this kid to do well, but temper that enthusiasm a bit and hold a bit of objectivity.

Please tell me a time Tiote or Anita truly handled the likes of City or Liverpool...ever?

Abeid's on b/c of form and merit. As shit or disinterested as those 2 clubs were, Abeid did everything their CMs couldn't do and that is cover well, tackle well, and distribute the ball.

A young player who basically was frozen out and loaned out since he's been here, looked pretty useless in prior appearances goes and has a stellar year in Greece, comes back and works himself into the 11, and SHOWS up (for once a young player we have rises to the occasion like Rolando), we have every single right to be happy about it.

Fuck else do we got to enjoy these days man?

I like Anita. But Kanji is absolutely right. Not sure why you're angry about people being excited about a player man

Probably because people use Abeid having a good game to get one over on others who rate Anita or Tiote as an example.

A young player who basically was frozen out and loaned out since he's been here, looked pretty useless in prior appearances goes and has a stellar year in Greece, comes back and works himself into the 11, and SHOWS up (for once a young player we have rises to the occasion like Rolando), we have every single right to be happy about it.

f*** else do we got to enjoy these days man?

Exactly. It's crazy like, we've got f*** all else to be excited about, he's been immense in two games

vs Yaya Toure, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson :lol:

You play whoever is in form, if they're younger and unproven then that's even better. Experience for them. If he tails off then withdraw him to a lesser role.

It's what we should have done with Bigi when he looked comfortable in the middle of the park but Pardew being a massive knacker thought it would be best to drop him and then shunt him out wide against Benfica.

Anita has been Pardewed, Tiote has been Pardewed, Abeid spent a year working under a manager/coach who wasn't Pardew and hasn't had time to be re-Pardewed yet. There's your difference.

Same with Cisse and his injury. Months Away from Pardew training seems to have reverted him to type.

Please tell me a time Tiote or Anita truly handled the likes of City or Liverpool...ever?

Abeid's on b/c of form and merit. As s*** or disinterested as those 2 clubs were, Abeid did everything their CMs couldn't do and that is cover well, tackle well, and distribute the ball.

Tiote has in the past to be fair. Man U when they used to be good (:lol:) and Liverpool - stand out game for me was Pardews first game, long time ago like but never mind!

Aye it's only been a couple of games with Abeid but so far so good like. Consistency will be the telling factor

Abeid's on b/c of form and merit. As s*** or disinterested as those 2 clubs were, Abeid did everything their CMs couldn't do and that is cover well, tackle well, and distribute the ball.

Tiote has in the past to be fair. Man U when they used to be good (:lol:) and Liverpool - stand out game for me was Pardews first game, long time ago like but never mind!

Aye it's only been a couple of games with Abeid but so far so good like. Consistency will be the telling factor

Cheers, and my point about Tiote is clearly that he's not really lived up to the guy he was the first 2 seasons for us, you know? Sucks as I actually really like him a lot too.

Cheers, and my point about Tiote is clearly that he's not really lived up to the guy he was the first 2 seasons for us, you know? Sucks as I actually really like him a lot too.

Absolutely, he seemed to turn to shit when he became Pardews lovechild, Hollywood passes to nobody, unnecessary tackles and all the 'shoooooot' bollocks too :anguish:

Think he's a rather limited player but could be good in a ball winning / recycling possession kind of role.. for me, in my opinion at least, that's kind of it. Blame the manager for trying to make him do things he clearly can't or shouldn't