Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

If he plays 442 i don't blame him for dropping Abeid for Sissoko and Collback. For any other player and systems then it is a problem.

No.

We just fucking won a match Ethi. Jesus man just look at the past few pages. It's not rocket science. 6 wins and a draw with mehdi starting. It's he same LACK of thinking that basically forced MYM out of the team when on that great run of form we had last season with Colo out.

Mehdi didn't have his best game but he's just returning and most importantly we got 3 fucking points. Idiotic by Carver. If he wants Colback in the team then play him next to Mehdi and Sissoko in a diamond 3. We're already without De Jong, and likely nobody else to play #10. Cisse, Perez and another Cabella the other 3.

“Losing Jack Colback to suspension I was a bit light on central midfielders and I had to stifle Moussa Sissoko because I needed him in there.

“It has worked. Things have gone against us and I have had to deal with that.

“I am not making excuses, they are facts. Colback was a big miss today.”

In his and Vurnon Anita’s stead, Mehdi Abeid went unfussily about his business in front of Newcastle’s back four.

Carver said: “He did OK.

“I want someone to get on the ball with a bit more composure. He battled and competed.

“Things didn’t come off for him at times and I expect more from him.”

We need Colback back in the side to offer us that composure on the ball, who else will pass it backwards and sideways?

Colback's overall composure is superb too. I especially liked it when he picked up his 10th booking of the season for dissent.

If he plays 442 i don't blame him for dropping Abeid for Sissoko and Collback. For any other player and systems then it is a problem.

No.

We just fucking won a match Ethi. Jesus man just look at the past few pages. It's not rocket science. 6 wins and a draw with mehdi starting. It's he same LACK of thinking that basically forced MYM out of the team when on that great run of form we had last season with Colo out.

Mehdi didn't have his best game but he's just returning and most importantly we got 3 fucking points. Idiotic by Carver. If he wants Colback in the team then play him next to Mehdi and Sissoko in a diamond 3. We're already without De Jong, and likely nobody else to play #10. Cisse, Perez and another Cabella the other 3.

It's not fucking rocket science, is it?

“Losing Jack Colback to suspension I was a bit light on central midfielders and I had to stifle Moussa Sissoko because I needed him in there.

“It has worked. Things have gone against us and I have had to deal with that.

“I am not making excuses, they are facts. Colback was a big miss today.”

In his and Vurnon Anita’s stead, Mehdi Abeid went unfussily about his business in front of Newcastle’s back four.

Carver said: “He did OK.

“I want someone to get on the ball with a bit more composure. He battled and competed.

“Things didn’t come off for him at times and I expect more from him.”

We need Colback back in the side to offer us that composure on the ball, who else will pass it backwards and sideways?

Colback's overall composure is superb too. I especially liked it when he picked up his 10th booking of the season for dissent.

:lol:

FWIW I didn't think he had a particularly great match against Villa but I'd much rather see him given a fair chance and not take it than stick with what's not worked all fucking season in Mr Bang Average.

I'd agree that criticising a young player who's only just making a comeback isn't a great idea.

However - a) the criticism was not as harsh as some people are making out, and he's also implicitly saying that he thinks the player has the ability to do better.

b) What he said was accurate IMO - Mehdi didn't have such a good game, and can do better.

c) Colback is the best passer in our midfield and is a miss.

I'd say Abeid is competing with Anita and Tiote for a place, not with Colback. I think our best option is 4-3-3, with a midfield of Colback, Abeid and Sissoko.

I actually wish Colback was good, as it would make this all a lot more tolerable.

In actuality he hardly does anything, and is no way a better player than Abeid.

It's just so pathetic and blatantly biased because of where Colback is from. It's bloody stupid.

I'd agree that criticising a young player who's only just making a comeback isn't a great idea.

However - a) the criticism was not as harsh as some people are making out, and he's also implicitly saying that he thinks the player has the ability to do better.

b) What he said was accurate IMO - Mehdi didn't have such a good game, and can do better.

c) Colback is the best passer in our midfield and is a miss.

I'd say Abeid is competing with Anita and Tiote for a place, not with Colback. I think our best option is 4-3-3, with a midfield of Colback, Abeid and Sissoko.

:anguish:

Colback has been the best passer in NUFC's midfield this season, fwiw, not that this is some great competition. He is generally fairly accurate, and has been more proactive than Anita. I like Abeid, and he should get many more opportunities this season with Tiote injured and Anita probably working his way out of the team or playing emergency fullback. The sample size is far too small for him to be labeled as some sort of winning charm, but he has good attributes and good experience from Greece.