Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

I have read that.

Their concerns and caring about the safety of the site is great. I just think they are scared off by the wrong reasons. Theres just no way the forum can be shut down because someone posts a link to some other site.. It just doesn´t make sense.

I know what you mean mate, it always seems crazy to me that YouTube can get away with hosting large amounts of copyrighted material and making advertising money off it while people who just link to it can be threatened with action.

But at the same time this is a brilliant forum and if the people in charge believe this is a step worth taking to protect it then I don't think it's a great loss.

I imagine it would never get to the forum being shut down, but I can see why they don't want to take the risk.

sorry to go off topic but this is the ONLY site that i frequent that has such a drachonian attitude re. videos

every other message board i use allows links to vids to be posted and/or ebedding

Please let this happen. Our business would be pretty much complete if we got these two in early.

can you f***ing imagine?  :lol:

business done a week after the season closes - this place would f***ing meltdown

Plenty of time for them to get career-threatening injuries during the pre-season. :thup:

I have read that.

Their concerns and caring about the safety of the site is great. I just think they are scared off by the wrong reasons. Theres just no way the forum can be shut down because someone posts a link to some other site.. It just doesn´t make sense.

I know what you mean mate, it always seems crazy to me that YouTube can get away with hosting large amounts of copyrighted material and making advertising money off it while people who just link to it can be threatened with action.

But at the same time this is a brilliant forum and if the people in charge believe this is a step worth taking to protect it then I don't think it's a great loss.

I imagine it would never get to the forum being shut down, but I can see why they don't want to take the risk.

sorry to go off topic but this is the ONLY site that i frequent that has such a drachonian attitude re. videos

every other message board i use allows links to vids to be posted and/or ebedding

Exactly,

And this debate will as always end with the "take it or leave it" argument without anyone really saying what is right.

To the mods, I really like this forum and your work with it. All brilliant. Its just a shame that you are wrong on this link policy. I work with website development and have never experienced such a strict forum. Theres just no way a link to some other site can ever ever shut you down. Thats it.

I have read that.

Exactly,

And this debate will as always end with the "take it or leave it" argument without anyone really saying what is right.

To the mods, I really like this forum and your work with it. All brilliant. Its just a shame that you are wrong on this link policy. I work with website development and have never experienced such a strict forum. Theres just no way a link to some other site can ever ever shut you down. Thats it.

Take it our leave it is exactly what it is though. It's their forum, their rules.

I don't think not being able to link to football videos is enough of an injustice for me to get up in arms anyway.

We could line up like this going forward......

Gervinho Ben Arfa  Zoggy

Gameiro

If those guys adapted quickly and hit it off together, that would definitely make us better than everyone bar the new top 4 and possible 'Pool and Spurs.

However, we're never ending up with all 3.

Gervinho Ben Arfa  Zoggy

Gameiro

I can't even select the appropriate smiley for this.

http://operatorchan.org/cp/src/cp6655_jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1-300x167.jpg

I have read that.

Exactly,

Years ago would have believed you but the fact is its happened. The server owners were approached by the premier league and its lawyers and demanded the site be taken down and it was taken down. We had no say at all. We're with different hosts now, in fact our second lot of hosts since then but its something that we dont fancy happening again so we give no excuse for it to happen again.

So im afraid you'll just have to put up with it as i cant imagine that rule like the fixtures rule will change.

Yeah you're right TT, they obviously go after the low-hanging fruit rather than the actual copyright infringers (YouTube) - and they approach the hosts rather than the site owners since they have little interest in challenging the threats.

Gervinho Ben Arfa  Zoggy

Gameiro

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_2706.png

Gervinho Ben Arfa  Zoggy

Gameiro

http://i51.tinypic.com/ivlldj.gif

I've never heard of 2 of them but as usual I'm believing the hype.