Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Im not sure. Said it before, say it again. He looks alarmingly like a new Guivarc´h. Doesn´t seem to have any stand out abilities. Not sure he can handle the PL.

He's technically brilliant. In the right set up, he'd make a superb PL striker.

Guest optimistic nit

Just admitting the fact I've never seen him play or know what he looks like.

Purely going by the reactions on here he looks like he could do a job though. :lol:

I've watched him twice this season and he scored 5 goals in those 2 games.

He's obviously a good player from his record but I know absolutely nothing about him. Just being honest.

Ditto.

Go on youtube. Find a compilation of him. Post a douchey "Welcome to Newcastle" comment. Sit back and wait for flaming from fans of other clubs. Simples.

I just looked at one of his yt videos.  3 of the top 4 comments..

Welcome to Valencia

Welcome to Arsenal

Welcome to Newcastle

Apparently we're just going to share him around.

95 goals a season. Divided by 3.

Still decent like.

That .666666666666666666666666666667 of a goal against Sunderland was class like.

That the one where his shot hit sholas arse and went through the keepers legs?

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Gameiro's small but quick as you please and a marksman. Not to say we-typed-you-so, but he's been near the top of our site's NUFC summer target list for several weeks, thanks to my obsessive co-blogger Tom (DairylandMag here) whose knowledge base of football players is vast (though he would be too modest to tell you that). We have a link to a nice YT highlight reel on Gameiro - try to watch it without your heart rate rising a little.  http://www.newcastleunited.us/2011/05/building-a-better-newcastle.html

Seems to have a good scoring touch to compensate his lack of physical presence, according to the youtube.  Does he contribute a lot during team play like Bellamy? Would not worth the price if he's just good at scoring 1 on 1.

Fuck, I can't help not thinking about potential lineups involving Gameiro, Rondon, Ben Arfa and the Zog. This summer transfer window will be a nightmare.

Gameiro's small but quick as you please and a marksman. Not to say we-typed-you-so, but he's been near the top of our site's NUFC summer target list for several weeks, thanks to my obsessive co-blogger Tom (DairylandMagpie here) whose knowledge base of football players is vast (though he would be too modest to tell you that). We have a link to a nice YT highlight reel on Gameiro - try to watch it without your heart rate rising a little.  http://www.newcastleunited.us/2011/05/building-a-better-newcastle.html

What a great dossier....

Fuck, I can't help not thinking about potential lineups involving Gameiro, Rondon, Ben Arfa and the Zog. This summer transfer window will be a nightmare.

Aye big time.

Rondon Gameiro

Zog Benny Tiote Barton

This has me frothing at the gash, yet at the same time I feel a right mug for thinking it could happen.

Seems we are aiming high in any case. Whether he arrives is another story, but you can only try.

well time for trademark negativity - "trying" for me doesn't involve slapping in a bid everyone in the known universe knows won't be accepted (if indeed it's happened)

if he's our first choice we have behave accordingly now and go on and push for the extra mile before others get a sniff, not just sit trying to lowball them to death hoping no-one will come in with a higher bid then bemoaning our luck when that happens

he's highly rated enough that clubs like spurs will think nothing of spending 10-15 gbp on him in a heartbeat imo

prove me wrong ashley, please prove me wrong that you're an absolute cunt and will never change

Guest WisconsinMagpie

well time for trademark negativity - "trying" for me doesn't involve slapping in a bid everyone in the known universe knows won't be accepted (if indeed it's happened)

if he's our first choice we have behave accordingly now and go on and push for the extra mile before others get a sniff, not just sit trying to lowball them to death hoping no-one will come in with a higher bid then bemoaning our luck when that happens

he's highly rated enough that clubs like spurs will think nothing of spending 10-15 gbp on him in a heartbeat imo

prove me wrong ashley, please prove me wrong that you're an absolute c*** and will never change

Absolutely agree. But to me this feels like a good strong bid for a player who is a challenge but within reach. Gameiro's still young, he's an unknown commodity once he gets outside France, and a club like Spurs may look elsewhere for a slightly more proven player or bigger name. The question with him has been Spain. But there may not be a fit in Spain. I hate to say it for fear of jinxing it, but this has intelligence written on it.

10 mil is hardly a derogatory bid that won't even be considered. Seems to me that we're trying to get the jump on him by expressing concrete interest before anyone else does, which is a good thing.

10 mil is hardly a derogatory bid that won't even be considered. Seems to me that we're trying to get the jump on him by expressing concrete interest before anyone else does, which is a good thing.

that's obvious given the timing surely, the question is what next and when from our side?

he's scored 20 this season in a small team and has about than 1 in 2 for Lorient, 10m euro isn't derogatory but it's not going to be accepted let's face it

Guest WisconsinMagpie

€6M was the rejected bid in January. Lorient was said to be requesting €8-10M. His stock may have risen since but if the report is accurate €10M would seem at least respectable.

Im not sure. Said it before, say it again. He looks alarmingly like a new Guivarc´h. Doesn´t seem to have any stand out abilities. Not sure he can handle the PL.

He's technically brilliant. In the right set up, he'd make a superb PL striker.

That might be, but if you youtube Gameiro and Guivarc´h, they are pretty similar in style. Just hope we don´t put all our eggs in this one basket, as he is far from guaranteed to be a good striker in the PL based on the physical attributes a successful PL striker usually has.

To be honest, I'd only want him if he wants us, and by all accounts he doesn't share the same affinity for us as we apparently do for him. Talented or not, I'd not want a player that didn't want us. (Read: another Owen)

If he does want us, well... :fwap:

Kevin Gameiro 2011 HD The New French Weapon on a well known site

some fucking great finishes there like, disagree he looks exactly like Guivarc´h, he's much much faster and direct

it'd be an interesting first move in the market and would suggest to me our style of play is going to change - based on this Gameiro looks to play in behind the defence (off the shoulder) with pace with the ball into space a lot of the time rather than to feet, suggests they see him and HBA perhaps linking up very well and also Barton's quality delivery being able to find him the space he needs

if we get him i like it as a first move, nothing to necessarily say we have to go back to a Carroll style game

Guest DairylandMag

I've seen Gameiro a few times this season. Lorient play on an artificial surface, which is weird, but they play some pretty tidy stuff (Yoann Gourcuff's dad is their manager).

He's a very good finisher with either foot, fast and comes back into midfield to help link play. I haven't seen him play alongside a target forward, so I can only imagine what he'd do next to the beast that is Shola.

Obviously the biggest test is whether he can handle the physical nature of the EPL, but I feel like there were similar questions about Suarez.