Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Guest Stephen927

I don't really have anything to contribute to the discussion, I'd just like to help get this thread to 20 pages before tomorrow.

Just pleased we're showing an interest in the likes of Gameiro/Rondon, as opposed to Carlton Cole and Defoe tbh.

Would be delighted if he came here, but I think its more likely he goes elsewhere, even after reading about the bid.

Just pleased we're showing an interest in the likes of Gameiro/Rondon, as opposed to Carlton Cole and Defoe tbh.

Would be delighted if he came here, but I think its more likely he goes elsewhere, even after reading about the bid.

If indeed we are...

bbc recon spurs have bid 12 million. So thats this one not happening then lol

You mean the Daily Mirror.

well i read it on bbc, aye but its probably taken from the mirror

Yes and that's why I think this bid is likely to have occured. Whether it's serious is another matter. They might have asked for 15m and we're just trolling by bidding 10m.

But maybe they want some cash for him right now so they'll sell soon.

I think this also has to do with the Enrique situation. If we can get in a few players we should be able to convince him to extend his contract by a couple of years, giving us more time to replace him/challenge/get a higher fee for someone who is so good.

Can't see why they'd accept any bid now when the player is clearly in demand. We might think our supposed bid is reasonable but they'd be mental to accept when there's months of bidding time ahead.

Can't see why they'd accept any bid now when the player is clearly in demand. We might think our supposed bid is reasonable but they'd be mental to accept when there's months of bidding time ahead.

that's how i started out, maybe the 1 year on contract is a new factor though?

We'll obviously have a deadline for them to accept and given our transfer history, I think it would be a serious deadline as well.

Maybe they won't get a better offer than ours?

You could easily apply that logic to every transfer concluded before 30th august but sometimes things are done early if a club meets the asking price. It's bad business moving goalposts if someone meets your asking price.

Man utd had Hernandez for 8m done before the wc. The club that sold off would have done a lot better if they had waited until after the wc.

They'd only be mental to accept if it was likely to turn into a bidding war, which they'd have a handle on pretty quickly if there was other serious interest. Considering he's in the last year of his contract the offer sounds good to me, and all we really need to do to get things moving, and know whether we need to move onto other targets, is stick in a very reasonable offer of a few million more than the club he wants to go to is willing to do.

If true, well played by the club frankly. :thup:

It would certainly seem to fit in with our semi regular strategy of getting a bid in before other clubs, then moving on if the selling club starts fannying around.

The advantage to Lorient selling early is that they can get their own replacement in.

It's not easy to sign players in open transfer windows mate, don't you know that?  They'd be better off selling him on the morning the window closes, then go for their own guy.  Can't fail.

as much down to the player. if he wants a move to a club that doesn't offer the biggest fee then his club have to decide to accept it or not. once he's decided his club may want as long as poss to get a replacement in.