Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Gameiro's small but quick as you please and a marksman. Not to say we-typed-you-so, but he's been near the top of our site's NUFC summer target list for several weeks, thanks to my obsessive co-blogger Tom (DairylandMag here) whose knowledge base of football players is vast (though he would be too modest to tell you that). We have a link to a nice YT highlight reel on Gameiro - try to watch it without your heart rate rising a little.  http://www.newcastleunited.us/2011/05/building-a-better-newcastle.html

Nice work guys...

Thought originally that €10m was a bit low for someone of Gameiro's talent and current standing, interesting that he's only got 1 year left on his contract though.

Can see other clubs coming in for him but would like to think that first team football will be a factor for him. Would he be an automatic first choice at a bigger club?

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is closing in on French international hitman Kevin Gameiro - after making a flying visit to see the £12million-rated Lorient

Spurs are the new Newcastle I reckon. By that I mean every player being touted will have their agent invent an 'interest' from a Club knOwn to spunk money / offer inflated contracts. I reckon there's a fair few players got better contracts for themselves by getting themselves linked with the stupid Shepherd/Hall ran NUFC.

Will Spurs be spunking money now they aren't in CL?

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is closing in on French international hitman Kevin Gameiro - after making a flying visit to see the £12million-rated Lorient

Spurs are the new Newcastle I reckon. By that I mean every player being touted will have their agent invent an 'interest' from a Club knOwn to spunk money / offer inflated contracts. I reckon there's a fair few players got better contracts for themselves by getting themselves linked with the stupid Shepherd/Hall ran NUFC.

Will Spurs be spunking money now they aren't in CL?

Dont think they particular spunked it when they were in the champs league so not sure they'll do it now. Didnt those figures last week show them to be in a very healthy position financially?

The lad wants to go to Spain man...doubt we'll get him. 

Then again, Ben Arfa saga...

I reckon if Pardew uses his charm and gives wor Kevin a few hints on tips of how to pull some birds he'll be well up for it.

The charming bastard.