Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Villa have got some good players, really should be doing better. Bent & Agbonlahor upfront, Zoggy & Albrighton on the wings, couple of young interesting options in the centre plus Ireland, really Villa should be an attacking team. Damn shame for them Martinez didn't join.

The problem is that he sets up the midfield to defend, not to provide for the strikers.

Agbonlahor has been absolutely superb this season, but he's having to do so much work because the 9 men behind him are largely about defending rather than giving him the ball.

As for Albrighton, he had a massive dip in confidence at the end of last season.

'Zogbia has taken a while to settle but against Norwich was excellent, which makes his dropping in favour of a midfield including Heskey and Hutton all the more annoying.

McLeish is going to get himself sacked if he does that too often.

Guest kingdawson

He has played Heskey in midfield a lot this season. Needless to say, you can imagine the reaction from the fans. It is utterly inexplicable.

Monday's line up and approach was beyond belief. We played for a draw from the kick off, and to keep the score down after they took the lead. That sort of thing is the quickest way to get himself hounded out.

Also, although I think N'Zogbia (who had his best game against Norwich but then got dropped for Spurs) and Given are fantastic signings, Hutton is the worst full back I have ever seen at Villa Park.

lerner is clueless. We lost 8,000 season ticket holders over the summer. Eight thousand. And that was for a reason.

After god knows how many years myself, if we carry on like this for the rest of the season, I am seriously thinking of jacking it in myself.

I despised Hutton when he was with us and stated it numerous times on here (even when he had his apparent good games). His positional sense is utterly disgusting, he ball watches ALL the time, he loses his man every time, he's just a piece of crap really.

Another point, I honestly think 90% of football fans who are stuck supporting one of the 'also-rans' (that just about every club has become) would be willing to sit and suck up mediocrity so long as their team was playing an offensive or atleast expressive style of football. Mediocrity only becomes an issue when it's coupled with dull and intrinsically negative football. If you're going nowhere AND watching shite every week then apathy sets in.

Good post, you need a reason to go and watch the team regularly and if you're not gonna win things then playing some fucking football should be the least a manager/team can offer.

He has played Heskey in midfield a lot this season. Needless to say, you can imagine the reaction from the fans. It is utterly inexplicable.

Monday's line up and approach was beyond belief. We played for a draw from the kick off, and to keep the score down after they took the lead. That sort of thing is the quickest way to get himself hounded out.

Also, although I think N'Zogbia (who had his best game against Norwich but then got dropped for Spurs) and Given are fantastic signings, Hutton is the worst full back I have ever seen at Villa Park.

lerner is clueless. We lost 8,000 season ticket holders over the summer. Eight thousand. And that was for a reason.

After god knows how many years myself, if we carry on like this for the rest of the season, I am seriously thinking of jacking it in myself.

I despised Hutton when he was with us and stated it numerous times on here (even when he had his apparent good games). His positional sense is utterly disgusting, he ball watches ALL the time, he loses his man every time, he's just a piece of crap really.

I fully agree.

Especially the ball watching shit. Plus, he's a brainless thug.

Yannick Djalo is apparently on his way (ie now) to us.

He's not played for either the club he was leaving (Nice, I thnk) or Sporting as there was some fuck up involving registering the deal.

I don't know anything aobut him, but he has a fancy foreign name, so he must be ACE