Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Good signing for them, I'm starting to get seriously worried about how much all the teams at the top of the table are strengthening, come on Ashley buy Debuchey already...

Arsenal seem to be buying "older" players in recent windows. Giroud 26, Podolski 27, Arteta, Santos, Mertesacker, etc. Perhaps Wenger realises that he's got limited time left to win the CL (or any trophy!) for Arsenal now, therefore no time to afford to nurture youngsters into the first team.

Think he's juat taking a bit off pressure of the youngsters and giving them a bti more time to come through, by adding a few players who are a bit older and more experienced. Defintiely not a case of not having time to nurture younger players anymore.

Good signing for them, I'm starting to get seriously worried about how much all the teams at the top of the table are strengthening, come on Ashley buy Debuchey already...

We have Amalfitano and have apparently made a Good signing today.

I see what you did there.[FryfromFuturama.jpg/]

Lots of conflicting reports about Drogba, some say he's arriving tonight, some say he's already here, some say he'll arrive next week. I reckon it's not happening.

He'll come. First press conference will be "This is digwace!"

I don't know if we're getting Sigurdsson or not, but it's worth it to read another RAWK meltdown:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293502.9760

If he chooses spurs, good luck to him. Obviously choosing bigger payday. We need players here that will fight for this club no matter what. If he

chooses them, bullet dodged.

Heavy irony here, from the club that has maintained a vastly higher wage bill than us despite performing worse over the last three seasons.

I don't know if we're getting Sigurdsson or not, but it's worth it to read another RAWK meltdown:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293502.9760

If he chooses spurs, good luck to him. Obviously choosing bigger payday. We need players here that will fight for this club no matter what. If he

chooses them, bullet dodged.

Heavy irony here, from the club that has maintained a vastly higher wage bill than us despite performing worse over the last three seasons.

To be fair I don't like Spurs but the arrogance of Liverpool fans. Given the amount they've paid out in transfer fees and I would imagine high wages they have a cheek. The end of the day Spurs finished in a CL spot and are very unluck not to be in that competition next season whereas Liverpool were way below you last season. So it's not a shock if he has choosen Spurs over Liverpool, a sign of the times maybe? Liverpool can't live off their past glories forever. I don't know where these rumours would be coming from given your management situation?

Well Levy is the man, so it's not like things will stand still. The general feeling here is that AVB is a done deal. This Sigurdsson thing would be funny (and a good deal), but it's not happened yet.

The thing is, Liverpool really do still have that cachet still, but I just hoped that two or three more years of pish would remove that lustre. Hopefully Rodgers crashes and burns horribly. I just like seeing RAWK flailing about like children, and clearly they got a bit embarrassed as they have since locked that thread. Which is, in itself, hilarious.

Well Levy is the man, so it's not like things will stand still. The general feeling here is that AVB is a done deal. This Sigurdsson thing would be funny (and a good deal), but it's not happened yet.

The thing is, Liverpool really do still have that cachet still, but I just hoped that two or three more years of pish would remove that lustre. Hopefully Rodgers crashes and burns horribly. I just like seeing RAWK flailing about like children, and clearly they got a bit embarrassed as they have since locked that thread. Which is, in itself, hilarious.

Is it Levy who's signing Gylfi then? Or do you reckon he's someone that AVB wants?

Is it Levy who's signing Gylfi then? Or do you reckon he's someone that AVB wants?

Well it remains to be seen whether anything's happening at all - but if so I suspect that it's Levy and the remaining management team (for example, Sherwood). One rumour is still that Sherwood will become a DOF. It would fit with Levy's original vision of a club with a consistent policy that does not entirely depend upon the vagaries of the manager/coach. If AVB comes in and Vertonghen and Sigurdsson are already done deals, that's a pretty good statement of intent.

Of course, it could all still go to shit.

Thats a big blow to Liverpool really. It's good though because it's showing that they are no longer as appealing as they once were, even a few years of underachieving they managed to live on their name and now thats rightfully deserting them.

Spurs to me are going to be the bigger club in a few years time though their history obviously doesn't compare with Liverpool's. I mean Spurs are on about building a new stadium, have finished in what is considered to be a CL spot 2 times in the last 3 years though they were unlucky this year. They have got a much better squad than Liverpool, and are now able to turn the heads of Liverpool's targets.

Spurs are going somewhere, Liverpool on the other hand can't decide if they want to redevelop Anfield or build a new stadium, are starting to lose targets to clubs they would have beaten the signing too easily in the past and have a squad that is nothing more than average.

Hey, Icemag, are you actually from Iceland? I wondered if Gudni Bergsson might have been in a position to put in a good word (either to or for Gylfi).

Apparently they worked at the same cheap farm just outside of Reykjavik when they were young kids, so it's not impossible.

True, but despite all of that they still have a massive turnover. They still generated more revenue that any other PL club bar Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal in 2010-11. It's only incompetent management both on and off the field over the last few years that have kept them down. All it takes is one decent managerial appointment, and even without redevelopment they are in a position to challenge for CL year in and year out.

Hey, Icemag, are you actually from Iceland? I wondered if Gudni Bergsson might have been in a position to put in a good word (either to or for Gylfi).

Iceland is a country where all professional footballers pretty much know each other so yeah, it's not unlikely.

Gylfi is all over the news over here at the moment. His dad was interviewed on the radio earlier today and said that nothing will be decided or announced until sometime next week, and no one seems to have any idea what he'll do. Will be exciting to see though since he's a fantastic player. His understanding of the game is second to none and he's got an unreal right foot.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Understand that Jan Vertonghen's transfer to Tottenham has stalled because the player requested 15% of Ajax's fee.

What the fuck is wrong with these cunts?

Understand that Jan Vertonghen's transfer to Tottenham has stalled because the player requested 15% of Ajax's fee.

What the f*** is wrong with these c***s?

So a player leaves a club willingly and gets a cut of the transfer? How can that be so?

Thats a big blow to Liverpool really. It's good though because it's showing that they are no longer as appealing as they once were, even a few years of underachieving they managed to live on their name and now thats rightfully deserting them.

Spurs to me are going to be the bigger club in a few years time though their history obviously doesn't compare with Liverpool's. I mean Spurs are on about building a new stadium, have finished in what is considered to be a CL spot 2 times in the last 3 years though they were unlucky this year. They have got a much better squad than Liverpool, and are now able to turn the heads of Liverpool's targets.

Spurs are going somewhere, Liverpool on the other hand can't decide if they want to redevelop Anfield or build a new stadium, are starting to lose targets to clubs they would have beaten the signing too easily in the past and have a squad that is nothing more than average.

I don't know if Spurs are going to progress or have already peaked. They've lost their mananger and may lose a number of players this summer.

So a player leaves a club willingly and gets a cut of the transfer? How can that be so?

Remember the Barton deal stalled on his loyalty bonus which we ended up paying? :lol:

Demanding a loyalty bonus after you have just beat the shit out of a team mate, only in football :lol:

This was reported a few days ago. Spurs and Ajax have agreed a fee, but Vertonghen and Ajax have a clause in their contract that Vertonghen is entitled to a percentage of the fee (15%). Ajax apparently maintain that this percentage is based on a higher (minimal?) fee, hence the current status quo. Frank de Boer has said today that he expects there to be a breakthrough shortly with Ajax and Vertonghen coming to a mutual agreement which will allow him to move to Spurs.