Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

So that's Holtby, Parker, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Livermore, Sandro, Huddlestone, (Jenas) all going for two/three centre-mid spots. Some depth there like.

Huddlestone, Jenas and Livermore are really not relevant tbh and Sandro is injured till the end of season so then you are left with Holtby, Parker, Dembele and Sigurdsson for 3 spots.

Not as deep as its seems.

He will be good for them though, they have been sorely lacking some creativity and he will provide that in spades.

Well, it's not as deep if you disregard 3 of them, that's true.

I disregard them because they are hardly used and when they are used they tend to drop points :lol:

Its almost like us considering Abeid, Perch, Jonas and Gosling as part of our CM depth when in reality only Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Tiote, Bigi and Marveaux can actually contribute on a decent level.

They are not relevant they are just making up the numbers.

Unexpected news; Isco just signed a new contract at Málaga, doubling his release clause to €40m. Still achievable for the moneybag clubs, but at least a sale would fill up their coffers.

Is it? i seem to recall Malaga talking about him being close to renewing his deal for over a week now, i still expect him to go in the summer mind but at least they are in good negotiating position now.

Well, it's not as deep if you disregard 3 of them, that's true.

I disregard them because they are hardly used and when they are used they tend to drop points :lol:

Its almost like us considering Abeid, Perch, Jonas and Gosling as part of our CM depth when in reality only Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Tiote, Bigi and Marveaux can actually contribute on a decent level.

They are not relevant they are just making up the numbers.

Unexpected news; Isco just signed a new contract at Málaga, doubling his release clause to €40m. Still achievable for the moneybag clubs, but at least a sale would fill up their coffers.

Is it? i seem to recall Malaga talking about him being close to renewing his deal for over a week now, i still expect him to go in the summer mind but at least they are in good negotiating position now.

Nobody was giving credit to those rumors, given the financial state they are and all the vultures circling Isco - who had "only" €20m as fee. Suppose the fact that he's a local and they are his boyhood club played a part; even if he is sold, €40m would help them immensely to shore up their finances.

Guest chicken little

Jonas is part of our CM depth though

and perch has appeared in practically every game this season thus far.

op: do better

So that's Holtby, Parker, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Livermore, Sandro, Huddlestone, (Jenas) all going for two/three centre-mid spots. Some depth there like.

Huddlestone, Jenas and Livermore are really not relevant tbh and Sandro is injured till the end of season so then you are left with Holtby, Parker, Dembele and Sigurdsson for 3 spots.

Not as deep as its seems.

He will be good for them though, they have been sorely lacking some creativity and he will provide that in spades.

It's sort of fair to discount, or at least downplay, the Hudd, Livermore and  Jenas. Problem is, you also conveniently ignored Dempsey, who has played in that advanced CM role. And our kids, at least one of whom (Carroll) should be getting a game in front of all three. There's another kid coming through, Luongo, who AVB* has just specifically mentioned as cover.

We'd be happy to sell all three - Hudd, Livermore and Jenas. And Bentley. It's all very well to be looking to buy to cover Sandro's injury, but we don't have a bottomless pit, like Chelsea. You do what most people do, which is look at other squad members to cover (e.g. Vertonghen at LB). I think our squad has fantastic cover everywhere except up front, tbh.

*Sorry, wasn't AVB, it was Freund

Tbf i completely forgot about Dempsey( mainly i think because he played striker yesterday so bit of a brainfart there) and i agree on Carroll he looks really good i'm quite excited to see how he progresses from a neutral POV.

Really like Carroll, although he needs to get bigger. I'm convinced we're only playing the Hudd in front of him to try to shift him somewhere. Hopefully Jol will stump up a few bob.

so he's asked to leave but not put in a transfer request because that would cost him money.

Footballers

Yep, hate that.

He's leaving for one reason only, money. In his own words (via a friend who spoke to him on Friday) "Not too bothered about it being Sunderland, from a business point of view I'm moving from 18k to 30k a week basic, then bonuses on top. Norwich have only bid 4.8m so Swansea wont sell to them as Sunderland have bid 5.2m".

Are yous expecting much of Kane long-term?

Not really. I mean, I stand to be corrected, and he's half decent, but nothing I've seen so far elevates him above the ordinary. A couple of years back we had a centre-forward, Lee Barnard, who scored tons of goals in the reserves (like Campbell) but is now on Southampton's bench, at best. I'm expecting Kane to be the same level.

It's so difficult to see who will make it at the top level, if they haven't at least broken through to a consistent place in the first team squad by 20. Walker, Naughton and Caulker all had a pretty good full season in the Premiership before playing for us - and Kane is struggling to play more than a couple of games as sub for Norwich. We have good players coming through in midfield and at full back, and possibly a keeper or two, but we can't seem to find a really good forward. Shaq Coulthirst shows flashes, but is so young.