Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I agree with Ronaldo (although I think he'll be back this summer), I also think it'll be good for us.

Don't see how someone who has scored 9 goals in his last 60 games is good for anyone, too much nostalgia and romanticism involved with Carroll for my liking and not enough clear thinking.

The Mirror reckons West Ham will announce this week that they've agreed to sign Wilfried Bony in the summer for £14 million.

Thought Chelsea had first option on him?

Cant see them turning that down as it looks like Torres is back of to Atletico Madrid, leaving them with Ba.

Think about it.

I agree with Ronaldo (although I think he'll be back this summer), I also think it'll be good for us.

Don't see how someone who has scored 9 goals in his last 60 games is good for anyone, too much nostalgia and romanticism involved with Carroll for my liking and not enough clear thinking.

Aye. I was completely against it last summer (especially at those insane prices quoted) and nothing this season has changed my mind. If it was someone with no connection to us who was playing that badly over that time period nobody would want him.

We'd start attacking set-pieces, for a start. And it would get Jonas out of the team. Good partner for Cisse, too.

We'd start attacking set-pieces, for a start. And it would get Jonas out of the team. Good partner for Cisse, to

We would get raped if we tried that..... 2 strikers who don't drop deep and don't run behind and the 2 midfielders would get overrun at will.

If you want a striker he benches Cisse or he plays on the wing ala Gouffran.

We cannot play 4-4-2 without natural width or having a striker who drops deep or runs in behind.... not to mention we would have 6 midfielders who never play.

Again not thinking logically.

We'd start attacking set-pieces, for a start. And it would get Jonas out of the team. Good partner for Cisse, too.

Set pieces is the key to why I think we'll definitely go for him.

If he gets back to the form he was in for us, we are absolutely laughing.

I'd only want him back for the sake of squad depth and a bit of variety, if you're talking about going back to 2 up front regularly or Cisse on the wing more often than now and again then forget it.

:thup: I also doubt we would get him for a price that seems worth it for squad depth either.

Tbf Shola will be on £25-30k a week which doesn't exactly help matters in terms of getting the squad padded out with better players, as much as some people seem happy to ignore that fact when talking about him potentially getting yet another new contract.

Guest neesy111

Tbf Shola will be on £25-30k a week which doesn't exactly help matters in terms of getting the squad padded out with better players, as much as some people seem happy to ignore that fact when talking about him potentially getting yet another new contract.

He'll not be on nothing like that tbf.

He'll not be on nothing like that tbf.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't.

The Mirror reckons West Ham will announce this week that they've agreed to sign Wilfried Bony in the summer for £14 million.

Cant see them turning that down as it looks like Torres is back of to Atletico Madrid, leaving them with Ba.

Think about it.

???

We'd start attacking set-pieces, for a start. And it would get Jonas out of the team. Good partner for Cisse, to

We would get raped if we tried that..... 2 strikers who don't drop deep and don't run behind and the 2 midfielders would get overrun at will.

We cannot play 4-4-2 without natural width or having a striker who drops deep or runs in behind.... not to mention we would have 6 midfielders who never play.

I never said I wanted to play 4-4-2.

Carroll doesn't drop deep? Cisse doesn't run behind? What?

His contract before relegation was signed as a failsafe in case we did go down. I was told from a good source at the time that he was on nowhere near that.

He has signed again since in 2011, but I can hardly see it jumping up.

Think about it.

???

I imagine they'll try to get Falcao as part of any deal for Torres.

I never said I wanted to play 4-4-2.

Carroll doesn't drop deep? Cisse doesn't run behind? What?

Nowhere near enough to make it effective also what else would we play with Carroll and Cisse in the team?

As mentioned above if we could get him for cheap as an alternative option then fine, but that wouldn't happen we would have to spend ridiculous money ( considering his performances since leaving) and likely risk the balance of the team to fit him in.

We need a striker i'm quite aware of that but Carroll is not the answer as far as i'm concerned for footballing and financial reasons.

I'd quite happily have Carroll, Cisse and Gouffran interchanging in a front 3. Cisse and Gouffran would benefit immensely from someone who can turn long balls into half-chances.

Not sure that would work tbh, Carroll or Cisse with Gouffran and Hatem either side of one of them sure but both of them together would lead to one of them being wide too often and taking away from strengths of the players in question.

I don't have a problem with buying someone like Carroll in theory but need a lot of questions answered.... like what the price and wages would be and hope we actually rotate Carroll and Cisse depending on the opposition and leave the wide spots to players who actually are comfortable there.

I just don't want to see another Ba and Cisse scenario( I'm aware Carroll is a much better target but point still stands) with the midfield being overrun due to the gap between the two strikers and the two midfielders being absolutely massive and players like Ben Arfa so deep he can't actually influence things.