Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I find it hard to believe. Aye, an injury prone defender pushing 35 is *exactly* what Milan need.

As pointed out, and despite Puyol being an absolute legend, it would be a blessing in disguise. He's essentially been "gone" the entire season due to his injuries. He still puts out a good game when fit, though.

Can get another 2-3 years out of him, he isnt as good but its not like Milan haven't played with old defenders before...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/PaoloMaldini.jpg

Will be interesting to see how he plays in a more athletic Milan side (though tbf they still play Mexes...)

Personally it makes sense to me for Milan to want an older head in the back 4 who can organise them.

As it stands Abate is at RB with De Sciglio a young fullback pushing to be at LB and they apparently plan to buy a younger CB with Ogbonna being mooted.

If they can get Puyol and keep him fit for next 2-3 years it will be a good compliment to the rest of the back 4 should this all come together.

Personally it makes sense to me for Milan to want an older head in the back 4 who can organise them.

As it stands Abate is at RB with De Sciglio a young fullback pushing to be at LB and they apparently plan to buy a younger CB with Ogbonna being mooted.

If they can get Puyol and keep him fit for next 2-3 years it will be a good compliment to the rest of the back 4 should this all come together.

Don' t forget, it means they can get rid of Mexes :) (bicycle kick aside...)

Zapata has looked good in bursts this season, i reckon a season of Zapata and Puyol would really cement him. Ogbonna is a player i like, but I thought he would move a few years ago, feels like every summer him and Astori are linked with top sides.

Barca might finally address their defensive woes now.

Don't see what's so hard about going out and buying two brilliant CBs. Everyone in the world wants to play for Barca.

They don't WANT TO. Alright? A few more defensive midfielders to play at CB will fix the issue.

Barca might finally address their defensive woes now.

Don't see what's so hard about going out and buying two brilliant CBs. Everyone in the world wants to play for Barca.

pfft how will they be football hipsters by doing what everyone else with common sense does and buy actual defenders  :huff:

Guest Vinkent

No discussion about this apparent Rooney transfer request?

And so their demise begins...  :smug:

From BBC:

Manchester United insist Wayne Rooney is not for sale after it emerged the striker asked to leave Old Trafford for the second time in three years.

The 27-year-old ex-Everton forward told United boss Sir Alex Ferguson two weeks ago he felt the time was right to move after nine years at the club.

A spokesman for United would only say: "Wayne Rooney is not for sale."The news emerged on the day Ferguson announced he would be retiring as manager at the end of the season. Rooney has two more seasons left on a five-year contract he eventually signed after much wrangling in 2010.

Definitely seems to have happened, wonder if the club will budge on their seemingly current stance.

If they can find a club for him, I'd get rid. Always think he's been overrated and they can improve on him.

I think he's an absolutely fantastic footballer who they'd regret letting walk.

If they can find a club for him, I'd get rid. Always think he's been overrated and they can improve on him.

I think he's an absolutely fantastic footballer who they'd regret letting walk.

Agreed, personally i think he's one of those players who was once so overrated that now he's underrated.

No doubt he's a magnificent talent but he's really not hitting his potential

He's played out wide to accommodate Van Persie. He played out of position for Ronaldo as well. And he's often been tasked with playing AM.

What's not hitting his potential? He struck 34 goals last year, 34 two years before, and 16 out of position this year. If you remove the fact that he's English, there's no way he'd be considered a disappointment. He was never going to be Pele as the English press envisioned, but he's easily a Top 10 player in the world.