Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest icemanblue

I'd question using Danny Graham (who did well for him) and Joe Allen as examples of his eye for talent, like. Other than Vorm and Sinclair, the others were all very well known. How much did he pay for Borini again?

Mmmm... what's Pardew's facepalm adquisition? Can't actually think of any. Comes with the board's stinginess I guess.

Obertan's been nothing short of a waste of the £3m we spent on him. Granted that's not Borini money, but still.

Anyway, I'll give you the Swansea players but both Sturridge and Coutinho were fairly well known players, and I'd even say that Sturridge was proven in the league.

Still can't believe Coutinho went for only £8m after the 6months he had at Espanyol. I know he has his weaknesses, but still. Already adapted to this league. Would love him in the national team.

Lucas/Bernard/Oscar  Coutinho/Oscar  Neymar

? ? ? ? ?

Would be such a good front 4.

I'll grant that Rodgers is perhaps better at getting the most out of his players than unearthing diamonds in the rough. Henderson and Downing both had solid seasons after nightmare campaigns under Dalglish. Hell even Shelvey and Sterling had their moments when given the opportunity. And Sturridge would've continued to rot on the bench/on the wing for Chelsea.

Everyone over Jo. Luis Fabiano is probably our best striker, but his head is somewhere else at the moment, been picking up stupid red cards and niggling injuries.

Fred is good enough for a Confederations Cup and then at least a QF in the World Cup. We'll need to get Pato or Damiao into form if we want to compete next year though.

And Deuce, no Pato in awful form, isn't as good as Jo. Pato is actually in such a bad form I'd rather play Shola ffs. Headless chicken is what he is at the moment.

Pato at least has talent hidden somewhere. I'm not convinced Jo has any.

And since Brazil has nothing to lose with regards to WCQ, they might as well get Pato as much playing time before 2014 as possible, try to get him back up to speed.

What happened to Leandro Damaio, wasn't he meant to be pretty decent?

He is, got injured though before the Confederations Cup, been injured a bit. Probably our best striker prospect. Still, needs to go to Europe and develop further.

And since Brazil has nothing to lose with regards to WCQ, they might as well get Pato as much playing time before 2014 as possible, try to get him back up to speed.

That's the thing though, Jo looks to have far more talent than Pato at the moment. I'm serious, Jo isn't THAT BAD, he's the leading scorer of the Libertadores and scored a bit last season (10goals and 7assists in 28 games). Not saying he should start or even be called up, but he's not as bad as Pato at the moment.

That's the thing though, Jo looks to have far more talent than Pato at the moment. I'm serious, Jo isn't THAT BAD, he's the leading scorer of the Libertadores and scored a bit last season (10goals and 7assists in 28 games). Not saying he should start or even be called up, but he's not as bad as Pato at the moment.

:thup:

Tbf, my opinion of Jo will always be tainted by his lackluster spell at City. :lol:

Amazing that Pato is still only 23. He looked excellent at 19/20. He should have been the one going into this World Cup, in terms of your generation of forwards. Injuries have put pay to that.

His biggest problem now is psychological. Absolutely the worst mentality seen by a footballer ever as well as a complete lack of intelligence.

:thup:

Tbf, my opinion of Jo will always be tainted by his lackluster spell at City. :lol:

:lol:

Didn't he score a couple for Everton and they then loaned him again only to see that he was terrible? :lol: I bet Neil loved him in his first loan spell.