Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Danish media saying we've agreed £4m for Okore.

I've no idea if he's any good (same with this Helenius we're signing), but I do like having a manager who looks all round Europe for up and coming players.

You mean there is more than France in Europe? What magic is this?

The MON era only ended three seasons ago.

I've only just become accustomed to the idea that they actually play football outside the UK.

David Platt's goal against Belgium, specifically, sticks out in my mind. Can even remember what I was wearing while watching.

I was living on Osborne Avenue when that match was played, we watched it at home. The minute the game ended, we left the house to go to the local. As I looked up the street, almost every single house was simultaneously disgorging inhabitants as they did precisely the same. Never forget that.

USA '94 is the earliest WC I remember.  Was only 18 months old at the time of Italia '90.

Not enough love for France '98 tbh.  Probably my favourite WC to date.

Ronaldo going mad, that match vs Argentina, Robbie Earle scoring for Jamaica, Nigeria vs Spain, THAT Bergkamp goal, Lilian Thuram's double, Martin O'Neill chatting to Robbie Williams.....great memories.

France 98 was one of our worst WCs to date, distinctly remember Zubizarreta's blunders against Nigeria. And then us romping to an absolute useless 6-1 win against Bulgaria.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the knockout phase a lot, the final took place at the same time of a music fest I was attending to, and they set up a giant screen to watch it. Remember the crowd whispering about the Ronaldo incident, not knowing for sure if it was a rumor or for real.. And the  final itself was an absolute classic as long as you weren't Brazilian.

Bergkamp's goal against Argentina (:fwap:), the time when we thought Owen would be a superstar... wasn't Beckham red carded there too?

USA '94 is the earliest WC I remember.  Was only 18 months old at the time of Italia '90.

5 and a half-years old and you still remember? :dowie:

5 and a half-years old and you still remember? :dowie:

Aye.  Not saying I remember every game, every player but I remember sitting with my dad and watching the odd game.

Having grown up in a household where my parents had never liked football, I can only remember the '94 final. I was lying ill on the sofa, there was an aerial shot of the stadium before the match and thats about it ;D

I remember getting behind Italy in USA 94. It was the combination of Baggio, Albertini and Maldini. Great team. Remember Zola's red card? :lol:

I remember me and my friends (we were 16 :lol:) retaliating against the local Italian restaurant after the Tassotti elbowing incident.

Having grown up in a household where my parents had never liked football, I can only remember the '94 final. I was lying ill on the sofa, there was an aerial shot of the stadium before the match and thats about it ;D

The game was shit, that's probably the best memory you could have from it :lol:

All I remember are the penalty misses

It's all I remember, I was around 6, remember lying on my front in the living room watching it with my Grandad :aww:

Also remember when Gazza was back over here my next door neighbour taking the piss out of his crying when he eventually showed his face :lol: (he used to visit them quite regular)

Some of my earliest memories of football are from the '98 World Cup. I was absolutely football mad by that point though (aged 7), so I must have been concious of the game, but I think I'd seen next to nothing of live footy. Bar the odd cup game, probably.

I can remember '98 vividly tbh. First game I watched was Brazil vs Scotland when I got in from school. Think England had beaten Tunisia earlier in the afternoon; that was the only game I didn't see. Can remember being in hysterics at Valderrama's hair in our next match against Colombia. Can remember me Dad and I harping on and on during the Romania game to get Owen on. :laugh:

It was so exciting though. First proper feast of football I ever took in. I even had that book where you had to collect all the silver coins with the players' faces on. Had every one, down to the last Andy Hinchcliffe. :lol: I've still got that book somewhere, I think.

Oh, and Jean-Michel Jarre on ITV's opening and closing credits. :aww: Yeah, I fucking loved WC'98. Was the first computer game I saved up to buy, too.

Fuck Jarre. Faure's Pavane on the BBC was where it was at.

Remember watching the first half of the Tunisia game in our French room at middle school at lunchtime on one of them huge wheel in TVs with around 50 other people. Carnage when Shearer scored.

Weren't allowed to watch the 2nd half because we had PE and the teacher said if not everyone wants to watch no-one can. Cue a couple of dykes putting their hands up and us all doing fucking gymnastics like a  gaggle of knackers.