Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Is he good then? I've saw nothing of him at all.

Is his style of player similar to anybody else around?

I generally don't trust the opinion of Celtic fans as they have a tendency to over inflate both the ability of their own players and their standing within football.

Is he good then? I've saw nothing of him at all.

Is his style of player similar to anybody else around?

I generally don't trust the opinion of Celtic fans as they have a tendency to over inflate both the ability of their own players and their standing within football.

Just a bit yeah :lol:

Arsenal to go for Valdés in the summer, according to "Mundo Deportivo".

Surprising considering [sic]zczney seems to be doing well for them. Valdes also strikes me as someone who won't do as well outside Barca and in the PL.

arsenal are fucked, they just don't know it yet

They're heading the way of Liverpool imo, and it'll only accelerate when Wenger packs in/is fired. They'll have a really really shit few years by their own standards imo.

Thing is, Arsenal may not have had as much money as those ahead of them to spend, but they have had plenty, they could guarantee champions league football all they needed to do was buy smarter than those ahead of them, which was supposed to be one of Wenger's strengths. Bargains that could have them challenging for the title are out there (half of our signings would hugely improve them imo). They've just cocked up buying players like Gervinho etc, failed to keep world class players like Fabergas (what a delightful player he was to watch and somehow think he's way less impressive at Barca) and RVP. They could be using that money they got to buy ace players like say Cabaye for £4m (remember it said Wenger angrily confronted someone as to why they hadn't been in for Cabaye and was told they'd assumed he was off to Real Madrid) and would be in a much stronger position.

The money they've spent shows they're vastly underachieving with it imo and the lack of money excuse is rubbish.

I can see him being the biggest ever flop (for the price) in the same team as Ronaldo.

Aye, makes no sense to have both players in the same squad. They're too similar and Ronaldo is just well, better. The last thing Madrid needs right now is less variety to their play.

Thing is, Arsenal may not have had as much money as those ahead of them to spend, but they have had plenty, they could guarantee champions league football all they needed to do was buy smarter than those ahead of them, which was supposed to be one of Wenger's strengths. Bargains that could have them challenging for the title are out there (half of our signings would hugely improve them imo). They've just cocked up buying players like Gervinho etc, failed to keep world class players like Fabergas (what a delightful player he was to watch and somehow think he's way less impressive at Barca) and RVP. They could be using that money they got to buy ace players like say Cabaye for £4m (remember it said Wenger angrily confronted someone as to why they hadn't been in for Cabaye and was told they'd assumed he was off to Real Madrid) and would be in a much stronger position.

The money they've spent shows they're vastly underachieving with it imo and the lack of money excuse is rubbish.

yeah i was thinking about gervihno today and the escape we've there, might end up being the same with remy

the weird thing about arsenal is they just keep buying mid-level players for say 8-15m max and seem to think adding more of them is going to change things, it's been what 3-4 years of them doing this now? if they'd have spent the last 3-4 years money on a handful of top-class established players and kept bringing youth through they'd have been fine but as it is the scattergun approach they've had has seemingly hurt them even more and cemented a feeling everywhere that wenger doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore

it's so fucking stupid when you think back to the shape they were in when fabregas and nasri left they got 20m+ for each right?  if they'd gone and bought direct replacements for the same or similar money, top class names who other clubs were after, they might not have lost RvP and could well have progressed but instead he chose to do things like spend 10m on oxlade, gervihno etc. and piss money away on santos and so on

baffling

I can see him being the biggest ever flop (for the price) in the same team as Ronaldo.

Aye, makes no sense to have both players in the same squad. They're too similar and Ronaldo is just well, better. The last thing Madrid needs right now is less variety to their play.

I think it really depends on who the fullbacks are, if Marcelo is fit and they get a RB who can actually contribute going forward i think it could work.

CR and Bale are not going to provide much width if they continue to play as they are.

You know what this means though? LET THE GREAT MADRID GARAGE SALE BEGIN !

Can see Di Maria being off for one and i know he's a diving cheat but i think he's a wonderful player.

I think it really depends on who the fullbacks are, if Marcelo is fit and they get a RB who can actually contribute going forward i think it could work.

CR and Bale are not going to provide much width if they continue to play as they are.

Can see Di Maria being off for one and i know he's a diving cheat but i think he's a wonderful player.

Di Maria would be off to spurs I'd say..

Doesn't matter. Real Madrid are already great exploiting space. Adding another player that's great at counterattacking will improve them just marginally, and not address the problems they are having when the opposition sits deep and gives them the ball. Modric was actually an attempt in that way, but so far he's not working.

There's going to be a big garage sale this summer, according to most rumors. There's also elections at Real Madrid and Florentino will have to give the voters some sweets if the season ends up being a failure. For one I'll bet my right hand that at least one of Higuaín/Benzema will be sold.