Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Blackburn looking at Keisuke Honda according to Skysports. Would love us to get him, but unlikely.

I'm still surprised we haven't gone after an Asian player just for marketing/exposure reasons. Seems like it would be right up Mike's alley.

Guest CheickMansour

Blackburn looking at Keisuke Honda according to Skysports. Would love us to get him, but unlikely.

I'm still surprised we haven't gone after an Asian player just for marketing/exposure reasons. Seems like it would be right up Mike's alley.

Probably wouldn't make much of a difference. I don't remember Man City getting much from having Sun Jihai in their squad.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs in talks with ManCity for Adebayor, according to "As".

yes please but didn't mourinho say they were close to completing the deal for him?

Guest palnese

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Bolton have made an official approach to Manchester United about taking Danny Welbeck on a season long loan #BWFC #MUFC

Guest Antec

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14112146.stm  :undecided:

West Ham striker Carlton Cole Stoke's move falls through

Page last updated at 15:27 GMT, Friday, 15 July 2011 16:27 UK

By Saj Chowdhury

BBC Sport Carlton Cole Cole scored only five times for West Ham last season

West Ham striker Carlton Cole's move to Stoke has broken down after the player failed to come to an agreement over wages.

The Potters had agreed a fee with the London club earlier in the week for the 27-year-old England player.

"The negotiations did not break down because he asked for too much money," a West Ham spokesman told BBC Sport.

"He was discussing wage parity with other key players and was well within his right to do so."

Guest Antec

If Stoke won't meet his demands what makes you think we will?

Absolutely nothing, no chance whatsoever of him coming here

Blackburn are signing Mariano Pavone. The biggest 'meh' signing south of Scotch Corner.

Bizarre. He's nowt special in Argentinean league terms. Another Mauro Boselli in waiting that one.

Different types of player imo but I'd imagine he'd better than Boselli (not difficult), although wouldn't back him being a success. That other Argie bloke they bought ever play? Maybe it's to keep him company.

Guest Heneage

Altidore AZ bound apparently..

Confirmed on his Twitter, quite a change in style from the Icelandic striker they just sold.