Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Nowhere near Liverpool in the same way you're no way near Chelsea and City. You still got lucky with a takeover though. I dare say if someone wanted to give Ashley his money back then we could also waste £80m on mediocre players.

FYP ;)

Guest PhilB

Nowhere near Liverpool in the same way you're no way near Chelsea and City. You still got lucky with a takeover though. I dare say if someone wanted to give Ashley his money back then we could also spunk £80m on players.

Why City?  What have they done?  Won an FA Cup?   

Tbh, I wouldn't have liked a sugar daddy owner,  I'm happy to have owners who will not take anything from the club but allow the profits to be spent on the pitch.

There were 3 years of disaster before that takeover, and it only came then because the former owners couldn't get a re-finance.  They were driving the club in to the ground, with no new money spent on transfers in their last 4 windows.    It wasn't luck that got us new owners, it was the stature and potential profit of the club.

A net spend of 45 million, including Downing,

Nowhere near Liverpool in the same way you're no way near Chelsea and City. You still got lucky with a takeover though. I dare say if someone wanted to give Ashley his money back then we could also spunk £80m on players.

Probably be looking for what he paid plus what he's put in since. Doubt he would get that unless we were to win a cup and get into the EL. Then I reckon we'd be sold to the highest bidder straight away.

@guardian_sport Guardian sport

Luka Modric has handed in a transfer request. More to follow... #thfc

34 minutes ago

Redknapp's response:  "whether he writes it down on a piece of paper doesn't really make any difference to our stance."

I'd just like to say Liverpool are lucky that their name (from decades ago) gets them more income from shirt sponsorship etc. than clubs that have been more successful in recent years, i.e., Arsenal. Its one of the main reasons they can spend big.

@guardian_sport Guardian sport

Luka Modric has handed in a transfer request. More to follow... #thfc

34 minutes ago

Redknapp's response:  "whether he writes it down on a piece of paper doesn't really make any difference to our stance."

"It's a triffice piece of paper though"

howardnurse Howard Nurse

I’ve had confirmation that Manchester United are NOT trying to sign Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan and never were in for him #MUFC

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BBC sport fella, should know his stuff.

howardnurse Howard Nurse

Ive had confirmation that Manchester United are NOT trying to sign Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan and never were in for him #MUFC

Few rumours saying they are in for Schweinsteiger.

howardnurse Howard Nurse

I’ve had confirmation that Manchester United are NOT trying to sign Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan and never were in for him #MUFC

Not sure if I can take someone called Howard Nurse seriously :lol: