Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Marko Marin to Chelsea, according to Kicker.

Marin? the German Giovinco?

Not wise imo, not saying Marin is'nt talented because he is but he has never at any stage showed the application or mental attributes required to go along with his talent to fulfill his potential at any stage just like Giovinco.

Also he makes Silva look like Drogba  :laugh:

My impression of Marin has always been a zippy player with good ball control, weak mentality, minimal football intelligence and poor end product. Interesting to see how it goes, not the kind of player i would have thought Chelsea would be looking at to catch up with the Manchester sides, but hey maybe they are looking long term?

Wonder why so cheap? Think they paid over 8 for him.

Was signed for 8.5 Million, only a year left on his contract now though

My impression of Marin has always been a zippy player with good ball control, weak mentality, minimal football intelligence and poor end product. Interesting to see how it goes, not the kind of player i would have thought Chelsea would be looking at to catch up with the Manchester sides, but hey maybe they are looking long term?

Wonder why so cheap? Think they paid over 8 for him.

Was signed for 8.5 Million, only a year left on his contract now though

:thup:

Work with a Bremen fan ... he says although Marin showsw glimpses of his undoubted quality .. it is far too rare and he is far too inconsistant. Will more than likely struggle with the physical aspect of the premier league.

I don't think Marin fits in well with Chelsea. Di Matteo (who will get the job unless Guardiola asks for it) plays 4-2-3-1 almost always, and I don't believe he is good enough to replace Mata from the centre or athletic/hard-working enough to perform the yeoman duties this formation requires of wide players. Anyway, he is undoubtedly talented and better than the likes of Sturridge, so I am sure the 933 million Chelsea supporters in Africa will enjoy him.

Lot of talk we are selling Alves this summer, apparently Anzhi is offering some unreasonable amount of money and there are doubts about his "commitment".

Dunno what to think about this... it's true that Alves is showing sings of decadence but it's still key to the way we play. I suppose it depends on the fee we can get.

isn't this the first season where he's really lived up to the hype and initial promise? if he plays out wide as a direct forward he should work pretty well, at least be a bit of an upgrade on Gervinho and maybe Walcott.

isn't this the first season where he's really lived up to the hype and initial promise? if he plays out wide as a direct forward he should work pretty well, at least be a bit of an upgrade on Gervinho and maybe Walcott.

At club level yeah you could have a case for that but at International level he's always performed...... only at Bayern he played with players of an international quality that he will at Arsenal.

Also he did'nt really get a proper chance at Bayern and did'nt really get on well with the coach.

Expect him to be a success quite frankly.