Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Man, I opened one of our rags and was welcomed by Luís Suárez's mug and the line "Barcelona interested in Luís Suárez". After my pressure shot up I read further down and saw "source: caughtoffside.com".

Man, I hate our press.

That's a big fee for Vertonghen - risky.

£10m or thereabouts for the Ajax and Belgium captain and the Eredivisie Footballer of the Year?    It's a tidy wedge for a player with only 1 year left on his contract but I wouldn't see him as a risk tbh.  Think it means Caulker can get another season at Swansea and Ledley can retire.

£10m or thereabouts for the Ajax and Belgium captain and the Eredivisie Footballer of the Year?    It's a tidy wedge for a player with only 1 year left on his contract but I wouldn't see him as a risk tbh.  Think it means Caulker can get another season at Swansea and Ledley can retire.

Aye, good transfer for Spurs.

Aye, good transfer for Spurs.

Still think he'll need to reign in his gung-ho forward runs, but I suppose he'll adapt.

if ManYoo got kagawa + hazard + rooney.... that's wanktastic

TBF if City get Hazard to go along with Yaya, Silva, Aguero and some random forward its wanktastic and the rest of the league would be f*cked regardless lol.

I wonder which of Stephen Fletcher or Kevin Doyle MON will sign at Sunderland

I would be utterly gobsmacked if it wasn't one of those two or Heskey.

Imagine if MON went to Liverpool and signed them players :lol:

Belgium should, relatively, have a very good national team at the moment.  Courtois in goal, a defence including Vermaelen, Kompany, Vertoghen and Alderweireld.  Midfield of Defour, Hazard, Fellaini, Witsel and Dembele.  If Lukaku comes good...

Belgium should, relatively, have a very good national team at the moment.  Courtois in goal, a defence including Vermaelen, Kompany, Vertoghen and Alderweireld.  Midfield of Defour, Hazard, Fellaini, Witsel and Dembele.  If Lukaku comes good...

All central defenders..

Agree they should be much better than their results suggest. Criminal they haven't managed to qualify for the last WC and the upcoming Euros.

Belgium's problem is lack of a genuine quality forward and having no fullbacks..... until they fix that problem be it those players come through or play a system where those players dont matter as much i cant see them achieving much.

Kompany is the Belgium captain, not Vertonghen

:blush:

I didn't think he was but then I couldn't think of anyone else (completely forgot about Kompany).  Must remember "Google is my friend", "Google is my friend" ....................

Kevin Davies tbh.

Belgium's problem is lack of a genuine quality forward and having no fullbacks..... until they fix that problem be it those players come through or play a system where those players dont matter as much i cant see them achieving much.

That and that Belgium is a massively split country in terms of identity so there is little unifying spirit generally nevermind when you add a whole load of 2nd generations/non-Belgians in to the mix.

On paper very good, in reality not all that, much like a late Yugoslavia.

Kevin Davies tbh.

Oooh, good call.

Heskey

Davies

Fletcher

Doyle

There must be a fifth entry in the "obvious MON purchases" list.