Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I'm surprised Sigurdsson has committed to Swansea, he could easily find a bigger and better team. Maybe he's just a really nice guy.

There are a couple of reasons for that. First and foremost, he wants to start every game. I think he's affraid of being on the bench a lot if he goes to a bigger team - he was on the bench a lot at Hoffenheim and hated it. Secondly, he loves to play under Brendan Rodgers. He give him his first chance at Reading and has a lot of faith in him, and the the way Swansea play also suits Gylfi really well.

Didn't realise Kalou and Bosingwa were both out of contract like. Surprised they let them go for free, I'm sure they could've got a fee for them had they worked the contracts appropriately. I guess they were probably on far more money than they should've been. Especially odd given Kalou was picked quite a lot in recent weeks, and it's not like they couldn't have played Sturridge/Torres/Malouda/Someone instead of Kalou.

Swansea City on verge of signing Hoffenheim's Gylfi Sigurdsson permanently, according to "Kicker". About €9m fee.

Hoffenheim bought him for £7-8 mill. No way they're selling him for approxemately the same amount after his show in PL. I'd love it if we bought him.

Krul

Deubuchy      Mbiwa    Colo    Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Sigurdsson

HBA Cisse  Ba

This is really a jizz-worthy team!

I'm surprised Sigurdsson has committed to Swansea, he could easily find a bigger and better team. Maybe he's just a really nice guy.

There are a couple of reasons for that. First and foremost, he wants to start every game. I think he's affraid of being on the bench a lot if he goes to a bigger team - he was on the bench a lot at Hoffenheim and hated it. Secondly, he loves to play under Brendan Rodgers. He give him his first chance at Reading and has a lot of faith in him, and the the way Swansea play also suits Gylfi really well.

It's fair enough IMO, it seems that being the star of the show for Swansea every week is much better than being a bit-part player for a bigger club.

Fair point, but the question is : Can Swansea afford him? Cannot believe that Swansea is the only club after him. 7 goals for Swansea since Christmas from a midfielder positon is very impressive imo. Could Sigurdsson force a move to Swansea if a biddingwar starts, resulting in offers Swansea have no chance in hell matching?

Just read Valencia have signed Joao Pereira to play right back for them next season... hopefully that puts a end to their interest in Debuchy  :thup:

It will do, Valencia dont have the money to sign both.... hopefully nobody else other than ourselves take an interest *cough..Man Yoo...*cough.

btw ACON is once per 2 years right? i still doesn't understand why people worrying about ACON for next season :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/icon_lol.gif