Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Interesting to see how Fulham do next year, Jol's moved quite a few players on. Personally think he knows what he's doing though.

Jols a good manager but unless he invests then Fulham will be in trouble, they need about 3 strikers now, 2 for the first team, a few midfielders and if they sell any of their defenders (Hangeland mainly) then they will also be weak in defence. The problem is though the players they have let go have been either for next to nothing or nothing and I don't think they actually have many funds. I don't think they will make the top 10 next season and could easily be dragged into a relegation battle.

Murphy's the one that'll hurt the most, imo. They don't really have any central midfielders who can control the game like him. Pogrebnyak really cooled off after his first few games and Johnson is easily replaceable. If they manage to keep my boy Deuce (right now, my money is on him staying), they have some young talent ready to earn some more games. Bryan Ruiz and Moussa Dembele are already very good and Kerim Frei and Alexander Kačaniklić are going to be just as good if not better. I expect the young Italian striker Trotta to make the first team squad this season too.

Dembele has been playing Murphy's role all season long.....

Murphy is a pure CM while Dembele is more a CAM who can also play the wing. Fulham's "okay" with the Diarra, Etuhu, and Sidwell trifecta manning the DM position, but they're gonna need someone else to replace Murphy.

I think Dempsey can become the Murphy character as he ages, but he's got a good 3-4 years of top play in him still. I expect to see a lot of Sidwell in that role going forward. Kačaniklić might be able to play there too but I think he's also best a little further up.

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu

Tottenham Hotspur sign Hoffenheim's Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to Bild. Reportedly €10m fee. #THFC

Well, this is the last thing I expected to happen (if true, of course).

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu

Tottenham Hotspur sign Hoffenheim's Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to Bild. Reportedly €10m fee. #THFC

According to Icelandic media Gylfi won't decide his future until next week. He had meetings with a few clubs in England last week (Spurs being one of those clubs) but hasn't made a decision yet.

That means Modric or VDV is off and lets face it he isn't better than either of them.

Spurs will be lucky to keep the big guns this summer, imo. Wouldn't be surprised to see Modric, VDV, and/or Bale leave.

They have some form of transfer committee that decides upon player purchases, I think.

It's actually the Star Chamber of the ITKs.

It is in the clubs constitution that, should The Club be managerless, power of market acquisition transfers to the ITK committee.

Who the fuck is Karim El Ahmadi?

We've signed him, apparently.

Middle eastern, pretty good.

Never heard of him.

Edit: Ah KARIM El Ahmadi, he is s a Dutch footballer of Moroccan descent who currently plays as a defensive midfielder.  27 years old and around 5ft 10 from what I have seen of him. Played for Feyenoord then went to Al-Ahli Dubai on loan. Only saw him about 9 times in the UAE league, doesn't score many.

Who the f*** is Karim El Ahmadi?

We've signed him, apparently.

Middle eastern, pretty good.

Never heard of him.

Edit: Ah KARIM El Ahmadi, he is s a Dutch footballer of Moroccan descent who currently plays as a defensive midfielder.  27 years old and around 5ft 10 from what I have seen of him. Played for Feyenoord then went to Al-Ahli Dubai on loan. Only saw him about 9 times in the UAE league, doesn't score many.

Class :lol: