Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The fee for Ibrahimovic & Thiago Silva combined is less than what Liverpool paid for Carroll & Downing together.

How stupid can you be if you go to France?! Congrats you will win the france championship. But that´s it in a league that is really bad. If you have that shitload of money, how can you chose to buy a club in France :lol:

The fee for Ibrahimovic & Thiago Silva combined is less than what Liverpool paid for Carroll & Downing together.

How stupid can you be if you go to France?! Congrats you will win the france championship. But that´s it in a league that is really bad. If you have that shitload of money, how can you chose to buy a club in France :lol:

It is Paris tbf and they are the only high profile club in one of the world's most prominent cities.

Imagine how attractive a London club would be if they were the only high profile team in London.

Have to say I'm really discouraged by all of Chelsea's strengthening. We're basically never, ever going to finish above them again.

I dunno, OT, they've still got that smug twat Di Matteo who I'm not entirely convinced will last the season. Will be interesting to see how he does when he starts having to make the transition from temporary to permanent boss. Was under no pressure to succeed last year, will be vastly different this season. Has he got the credentials to make a success of it? Time will tell, I suppose.

Guest Emerson Sheik

Roma has made an exciting signing. Jonatan Lucca from SC Internacional in Brazil. Touted the next big thing. Signed a 5-years contract and has already joined up with the rest of the Roma squad at the club's pre-season training camp in Switzerland. Born in 1994 and expected to be a part of the first team squad at Roma.

Is PSG really that bad a catch? I mean, the French league isn't that bad is it? The top teams are consistently appearing in the Champions League - often towards the back end, too. Plus, i mean, it's Paris ffs. By all accounts one of the best cities in Europe.

I know they're not AC Milan but surely they're potentially an enormous club; they're hardly Ankh Makachakalaka/Manchester City.

Not that i agree with the whole ethos of buying success, etc etc. Just purely from a 'why the f*** would a player go there?' perspective.

Paris is amazing and you could argue the French league is just as strong as the Italian league, that and the wages PSG can offer and of course Champions League footy, its going to be a major draw for many players even the very best. I always thought Ibrahamovic would ply in the Premier League one day where he would probably excell.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GswOunfsW2E/0.jpg

Guest Archie

Yet teams like Lyon, Marseille and Bordeaux continiously end up in the latter stages of the Champions league. You could argue ligue 1 is more differenciated in terms of the gap in quality between the top and bottom teams, but that claim carries an inherent english bias of old - i.e " best league in the world " etc. No way to substantiate that.

For all the critizism the french league get on a regular basis, they are surprisingly competitive in europe despite being referred to as a "backyard league". Its hardly the SPL to put it that way.

Guest SweMatt

Have to say I'm really discouraged by all of Chelsea's strengthening. We're basically never, ever going to finish above them again.

Well. I would have said the same before last season.  ;)

Guest SweMatt

Since I very much like Paris I have also been to watch some football there and it is amazing how much the atmosphere around the games with PSG has changed. It used to be cheap, hostile but good fun but it has turned into some French version of Arsenal and Emirates. Ticket prices are up and the singing has almost disappeared. Of course this is much down to Sarkozy (who is a PSG supporter) and former government that needed to do something about racism and hooliganism.

If Toon didn't call me I wouldn't hesitate about moving to Paris for a couple of years, earning roughly £10m a year.  :)

Thought that was old news? I'd heard from everton mate spurs had given them how much it would cost and it was just waiting to see if Everton would pay up or not.

Just saw it flash up on the yellow ticker on SSN.