Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Yeah, i don't rate Lescott as high as some people on here but he's been great for City although his transfer fee was ridiculous but City don't give 2 shits about that.

As for Barry he fulfills the role Mancini asked of him last season fantastically well, he might not be very special but he does his job well.

...but the point is they could have signed virtually anybody in world football, they settled for the above average Lescott.

They couldn't at that time, they wasn't in Europe to attract the top players. Yes they had the money but without Europe ( especially CL) you ain't getting nowhere.

As far as attracting the players you are talking about.

Guest firetotheworks

The world wasn't Hughes's oyster like. He had to buy to attract to buy to attract. He couldn't just go out and immediately buy Aguero.

yeah but they paid stupid cash for poor-average players or headcases (Adebayor in particular on this front) he should have stuck with what he was doing, solid sensible signings at reasonable fees like Kompany and Zabaletta

Guest firetotheworks

The world wasn't Hughes's oyster like. He had to buy to attract to buy to attract. He couldn't just go out and immediately buy Aguero.

i know robinho was done over his head but they attracted him.

Robinho thought he was signing for Man United :lol:

i know robinho was done over his head but they attracted him.

Robinho thought he was signing for Man United :lol:

Aye, he made some fuck up at the press conference or something like that. :yikes:

How in the f***ing f*** have QPR got Mbia? How? How in the f***ing how?!?!? :explode:

Money.

M'Bia is a very talented footballer and a physical monster, but not all there mentally. He still makes some very questionable decisions on the pitch, is prone to major errors, and has a poor attitude at times. He's still a massive improvement over Clint Hill. Temperamental, highly paid, and a mercenary; the perfect QPR player.

Remember when we were linked with him, ages ago. Was he at Rennes before? Can't remember exactly.

Yes, Rennes. I specifically remember we were linked to Albin Ebondo of Toulouse and M'Bia, but in the end signed Nolan and Ryan Taylor at a much lower price. The masses were displeased. It was another event in that depressing January where we lost N'Zogbia and Given.

Marseille signed him for twelve million euro, anyway, back when we had money. I don't think he was ever worth that personally, so it was good to stay away.

Remember when we were linked with him, ages ago. Was he at Rennes before? Can't remember exactly.

Yes, Rennes. I specifically remember we were linked to Albin Ebondo of Toulouse and M'Bia, but in the end signed Nolan and Ryan Taylor at a much lower price. The masses were displeased. It was another event in that depressing January where we lost N'Zogbia and Given.

Marseille signed him for twelve million euro, anyway, back when we had money. I don't think he was ever worth that personally, so it was good to stay away.

"We've put in two bids of £5m each"

"If I can sell Enrique..."

:kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:

Gaston Ramirez to Southampton, £11.8m accepted.

Decent player, not sure if he's cut out for the Premiership though. Seen him on a few occasions and been impressed with some parts of his game, has a beast of a left foot on him. Thought he looked a bit slow and maybe not dynamic enough for the Premier Leauge. Also listed to BBC WFPI where Tim Vickery, who's seen loads of him, said he didn't think he'd suit the Premier League at all.

Bosingwa to QPR on SSN!

Christ, they're buying a whole new team.

So Rafael is already out of favour there .. LOL

They loaned the other one, I think - Fabio. He's a LB iirc.

Mark Hughes is a massive cunt btw. Would love them struggle next year.

Bosingwa to QPR on SSN!

Christ, they're buying a whole new team.

So Rafael is already out of favour there .. LOL

They loaned the other one, I think - Fabio. He's a LB iirc.

Mark Hughes is a massive c*** btw. Would love them struggle next year.

Oh Yes, your right, my bad ..